Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   New owner of Powerquest? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/268947-new-owner-powerquest.html)

asb929 01-17-2012 04:08 PM

New owner of Powerquest?

Is someone with the user name Claremont trying to restart powerquest because they bought about 98% of the lots up for auction.

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 04:18 PM

haha you beat me to it. I googled claremont and its possibly an investment firm from NJ.

I don't think its an individual as they are overbidding on a ton of items, likely have a total price they like to get if for and bidding across the board. The molds under 29 are all junk btw.

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 04:19 PM

Still some time left, be interesting to see who owns what when its done.

northernoffshore 01-17-2012 04:42 PM

They are over bidding on almost everything. Some of the tools are less expensive new. The only thing that is a deal are the fuel tanks if you needed 1. that stuphen looks good.

glassdave 01-17-2012 05:22 PM

well . . . . i dunno . . . . . he paid over five hundred dollars for an $89 dollar three quarter horse Harbor Freight Central Machinery buffer :eek: wtf?

http://auction.orbitbid.com/details.cfm?ID=704975

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-buffer-40668.html

boatnt 01-17-2012 06:21 PM

does not look like his going after the molds...so far

Nauti Kitty 01-17-2012 06:46 PM

He's been in a bidding war for all three sets of molds Bad news for him if he doesnt get it all. Paying way over new consistently on many tools racks ect. Who needs 50 rear nav lights? 30 Custom fuel tanks? Starting a business over budget isn't good
Best of luck to all.

NK

boatnt 01-17-2012 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 3595599)
does not look like his going after the molds...so far

I was wrong...again

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 07:12 PM

Crap after all that I end up with a lousy truck :lolhit:

Anyone know if the dually runs and drives? Anyone want to give me a lift over to Holland? :lolhit:

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 07:13 PM

Small molds are junk and just sold for $65k to stealhead, not claremont. 38-28 molds are at 105 and SCs are at 65k

Update: Stealhead wins all the molds at about $220k give or take. Crazy claremont with over bid on EVERYTHING then not grab the molds. Anyone know who stealhead is? I've got a dually to sell him LOL

PQKEV 01-17-2012 07:13 PM

Clarmont is going after the molds now! I might stop by there tommorrow and meet him! :drink: PQ lives!

verbi69 01-17-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by PQKEV (Post 3595640)
Clarmont is going after the molds now! I might stop by there tommorrow and meet him! :drink: PQ lives!

ALLRIGHT!!!! Our boat value just went up!!!!

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 07:23 PM

steelhead was actually the winner, anyone know him?

PQKEV 01-17-2012 07:24 PM

It looks like Clarmont got the parts and Steelhead got the molds wtf are they going to now? :argue:

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by PQKEV (Post 3595640)
: PQ lives!

I sure hope so, and I hope it stays in Holland. Spent a little time in holland during all of this and you can tell it was the pride of the area in its day. My plan was to move there and work with a small crew to get it back slowly. Best wishes to the new owner, fingers crossed it comes back.

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by PQKEV (Post 3595647)
It looks like Clarmont got the parts and Steelhead got the molds wtf are they going to now? :argue:

Actually if you really looked at the parts there really wasn't much there. There was no real bulk of anything other than Taylormade windshields :grinser010:

Claremont overpaid for a bunch of crap to be honest Time will tell if Steelhead made a good buy on the molds.

glassdave 01-17-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3595639)
Small molds are junk and just sold for $65k to stealhead, not claremont. 38-28 molds are at 105 and SCs are at 65k

Update: Stealhead wins all the molds at about $220k give or take. Crazy claremont with over bid on EVERYTHING then not grab the molds. Anyone know who stealhead is? I've got a dually to sell him LOL

Clairmont spent a total of $173720 today but did not get the molds . . . . . hmmm

Nauti Kitty 01-17-2012 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 3595663)
Clairmont spent a total of $173720 today but did not get the molds . . . . . hmmm

And got 50k worth of junk thats useless to anyone but a PQ boat company. What just went on?

NK

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 09:11 PM

No idea but agree thats about all its work. I spent about 4-5hrs in there on a saturday for the bank and was not impressed with what was left. newer molds (300, 34 and 38 plus the SC) were about the only things worth a damn. Project boats were all pretty far from completion and bank had them priced WAY high on their assests. With what they got tonight plus the building they actually did ok considering. Still got raped in pretty much a scam for millions but got high market for everything that was left.

I'm sure Obama bailed out the bank so hell they probably made $ on the deal.

bentherb4 01-17-2012 09:27 PM

Aaaaahh in a slower economy, maybe us little guys could have scored some deals. Instead, it's still cheapest to go shopping on Ebay.

FunHome 01-17-2012 09:46 PM

So where are the 525's that were on there a month ago??
And the Apache?

MK 01-17-2012 09:54 PM

Steelhead $297,130
Claremont $177,451
Everyone else $72,283
Total $546,864

I bet they are wishing they had dealt with you Fantastix...

32velocity 01-17-2012 10:10 PM

Don't forget the 10% on top ,buyers premium,plus I bet sales tax,, in addition to the 525 also a bravo drive .I had a hunch that maybe claremont knew all about the factory maybe a previous owner or ?,buy or lease building ,start all over ,probably figured no one would want the molds and only had a line of credit and was there,too soon and like the splitting of a set of props on eBay ,,the molds had a later finish time,I'd say claremont ended up #$@ked

asb929 01-17-2012 11:08 PM

Really, all that and end up with no molds. WTF

fantastixvoyage 01-17-2012 11:11 PM

No options with the building/land, it was already sold a couple months ago to a steel company hence the quick auction.

THE 288 KID 01-17-2012 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3595636)
Crap after all that I end up with a lousy truck :lolhit:

Anyone know if the dually runs and drives? Anyone want to give me a lift over to Holland? :lolhit:

If u can get to my place I can run u over in the Chevette

brian41 01-18-2012 06:56 AM

I was bidding on the Yardarm items and bid him up to within $100.00 of what I can get them for new.

PQ260SX 01-18-2012 07:10 AM

I am headed over this morning (be there around lunch) to pick up the one darn thing I won and will hopefully hear some gossip while I am there. Was it someone on here that won the office supplies with the Powerquest embroidered laptop bags? If so, do you want to sell one?

Nauti Kitty 01-18-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 3595897)
I was bidding on the Yardarm items and bid him up to within $100.00 of what I can get them for new.

Might be the one thing he got a "deal" on

NK

Josh LaFountain 01-18-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by PQ260SX (Post 3595907)
I am headed over this morning (be there around lunch) to pick up the one darn thing I won and will hopefully hear some gossip while I am there. Was it someone on here that won the office supplies with the Powerquest embroidered laptop bags? If so, do you want to sell one?

I would like to buy one of thoes also. 7 hours was too far for me to drive to bid on anything.

PQ260SX 01-18-2012 11:59 AM

I can't wait until I'm not on my phone to update you guys. Things don't appear to be going very smooth. Claremont wanted the molds... Updates to follow.

boatnt 01-18-2012 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by PQ260SX (Post 3596166)
I can't wait until I'm not on my phone to update you guys. Things don't appear to be going very smooth. Claremont wanted the molds... Updates to follow.

All they had to do is outbid Steelhead....

do you know who Claremont is???

fantastixvoyage 01-18-2012 12:49 PM

Looks like Steelhead's gonna turn a profit on PQ afterall!!!! :lolhit:

PQ - just left you a message, didn't see your PM until now. Left u my # on your voicemail, give me a shout if you are still out there. Thanks.

verbi69 01-18-2012 12:53 PM

Is there some sneaky stuff being played out here....whats the suspicions???

fantastixvoyage 01-18-2012 01:11 PM

Nothing sneaky, claremont just dropped the ball. Just talked to PQ260 but I'll let him fill you guys in so it isn't third hand information. I'll be out there tomorrow or friday and be curious to see how it all shakes out. if steelhead is legit he's got the molds. If its a scam claremont is legit and will be buying the molds I'm sure.

PQ260SX 01-18-2012 03:44 PM

What a morning!!! Yes, Claremont was there. I was a group of people that work for someone who is buying up old boat companies, that's for sure. They certainly did want the boat molds, but had a price cap (many of them weren't really worth anything). It was my impression that Claremont thought they were getting the name Powerquest with all this (according the employee I talked to) but that is not the case. No one there seemed to know who owned the brand name, but I can assure you, it wasn't with the auction...

When I was there, the "claremont" guys were waiting around to find out if "steelhead" was going to come through with the funds. I am not sure claremont really had much interest in everything else if they couldn't get the molds. There was question as to if "steelhead" was legit. When I left around noon, they still hadn't heard from steelhead, and to my knowledge, claremont hadn't completed their transaction. If Steelhead is legit, they really know what they are doing. The molds are really what counted in all of this. If they are in with whomever owns the PQ name, or they ARE there person that owns the PQ name, or they know how to buy the name, the Powerquest line could continue some day down the road. You have to remember that the windshields, bow rails, engines, outdrives, etc where all built by separate vendors and those relationships could be started fresh. If I understood correctly, the claremont people wanted to move everything to Florida, make a few mods, and start marketing boats in the Europe area...

I also had the privilege of speaking with a former Powerquest employee of ten years. It was a blast. I also took a two minute video walk around of the inside of the factory and will be uploading it to Youtube when I get a chance for those who couldn't make it. There were a lot more boats in there than were available for the auction and I suspect (thanks to information provided;) that there are title and lean issues. It sounds like there is a lot of legality issues with some of the stuff.

Some local upholstery/embroidery place got most of the sewing equipment and fabric. They are located behind a Saturn dealer in the area. I tried to track them down to find out if they would have any templates that they could continue to create PQ stuff with, but I couldn't find them after I got stuff down.

Fantastix, it will be great to hear the rest of the story that you can gather when you head over there in the next few days :-)

fantastixvoyage 01-18-2012 04:03 PM

PQ260 - I should have the contact of the interior guy somewhere in my notes. He apparently has all of the templates,etc and has done great work since the closing of PQ from his own shop. I'll send it to you when I find it.

FogduckerIII 01-18-2012 04:37 PM

Seems to me Claremont doesn't know what they are doing and I would be careful buying something from them down the road. What "company" in their right mind, spending 1/4 mil plus, would not do their research and find out if the PQ name was for sale or even available, second, why bid and buy a bunch of overpriced crap and not make sure you buy the molds within your "cap" ... doesn't make sense....:bsflag:

PROWRENCH 01-18-2012 05:11 PM

Florida? Marketing to Europe? It sure would be nice to keep it here in good ole Michigan. Gotta knock those sunny guys off there high horse.