99 or newer 380's in west Michigan? >

99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?

Notices

99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?

Old 10-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark passed away a couple years ago. 2011 I believe.[/QUOTE]

I talked with Mark several times and the downfall of Powerquest really set him back as he treated the boats like each one was his. Sorry for the loss.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nkissau has not been on here for a while but his is in the classifieds. Looks really nice and from what he has posted in the past well taken care of. I did talk to Dan and can get you info on the one at AB. Let me know D.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Registered

What's up with the 2000 in the classifieds - the one with the Volvo power. Seems like it has been for sale forever and it is definitely an attractive price. I notice it has Michigan numbers on it but is located in Texas? Anyone have the history on this boat?

Also, I remember a post about how to tell if an early 380 had the updated hull - something about the position of the lifting hooks on the transom but I don't recall the details.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker
What's up with the 2000 in the classifieds - the one with the Volvo power. Seems like it has been for sale forever and it is definitely an attractive price. I notice it has Michigan numbers on it but is located in Texas? Anyone have the history on this boat?

Also, I remember a post about how to tell if an early 380 had the updated hull - something about the position of the lifting hooks on the transom but I don't recall the details.
There is a thread asking the same (history) on this 380; don't think anyone knew details.

As for the hull, the lifting hook position changed on later hulls. For the earlier hulls that were updated the inner strakes stopped about 18" from the transom. Thread on this has pic's. Also check out the fb PQ owners group, some good pic's posted of the earlier (uncorrected) and later hulls side by side on racks.

Last edited by Need4SpeedGTCS; 11-14-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker

There is a really good picture on facebook on the powerquest page, showing a newer 380 hull and an older one side by side ( a lot of differences), maybe someone can chime in on if the older one has been updated. I was going to copy the photo and paste it on here but can't seem to get it off facebook.

The Volvo's always seem to be the Achilles heel on selling a offshore powerboat. I think they are good motors and drives but really hard to sell a boat powered by them, I would have no fear of owning a boat with Volvo's but never would because of resale.

Last edited by Questofpower; 11-14-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Questofpower
There is a really good picture on facebook on the powerquest page, showing a newer 380 hull and an older one side by side ( a lot of differences), maybe someone can chime in on if the older one has been updated. I was going to copy the photo and paste it on here but can't seem to get it off facebook.

The Volvo's always seem to be the Achilles heel on selling a offshore powerboat. I think they are good motors and drives but really hard to sell a boat powered by them, I would have no fear of owning a boat with Volvo's but never would because of resale.
Here are the pics. I took at my Marina.
Attached Thumbnails 99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?-step3.jpg   99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?-step.jpg   99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?-step1.jpg  

99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?-step2.jpg  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Registered

I remember they had a volvo 380 at miami in the water show one yr. doing demos. The driver said something about how they had trouble getting the motors low enough in the hull because of the hook they put in the hull & he wasnt crazy about how it handled. Look at the difference in the pics, thats a huge difference. They went from a hook to a rocker.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
I remember they had a volvo 380 at miami in the water show one yr. doing demos. The driver said something about how they had trouble getting the motors low enough in the hull because of the hook they put in the hull & he wasnt crazy about how it handled. Look at the difference in the pics, thats a huge difference. They went from a hook to a rocker.
Um, which is which?
Old 11-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
Um, which is which?
Sorry I miss spoke, should of said rocker. 98, 99 and early 2000's had a hook. Handled poorly no speed gain, etc.. Then they went with the rocker which it looks like the eliminated a couple inches atleast at the stern. Bottom line is buy a later 2000 or newer.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnny b good
Here are the pics. I took at my Marina.
Those look like the same pics on FB, how did you do that I tried for an hour? you must know that guy really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.