Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
99 or newer 380's in west Michigan? >

99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?

Notices

99 or newer 380's in west Michigan?

Old 11-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a side note I hear guys talking about how a two bunk trailer is bad for the hulls because it doesn't support the load properly. Those racks only have two little pads at the back and one in the front, looks like 20feet of the hull is not supported. What does everyone think? Not bashing anything, just more curious than anything if I am understanding what I think I am reading on other threads.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Questofpower
Those look like the same pics on FB, how did you do that I tried for an hour? you must know that guy really good.
Yup, it's me...lol
Old 11-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Questofpower
On a side note I hear guys talking about how a two bunk trailer is bad for the hulls because it doesn't support the load properly. Those racks only have two little pads at the back and one in the front, looks like 20feet of the hull is not supported. What does everyone think? Not bashing anything, just more curious than anything if I am understanding what I think I am reading on other threads.

I hear what you’re saying. I have often wondered the same thing myself. My Avenger has been racked stored the same way at that marina for 8 years and I have never noticed any negative performance changes in the boat since I’ve been there. Or heard of any other boaters complain. I’m not saying it’s the best way to support a boat long term either. I would think short of being supported in the water a good fitting bunk trailer would be the best, but I don’t really know
Enough on this subject to say for sure either.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 380, with the newer hull design and HP 500 EFI's . with 28 Pitch 4 blades and over 600 engine hours it still manages 75 or so on the GPS. But I run it like a cruiser, not that interested in speed. It's been one hell of a boat. I go to Muskegon on occasion if you're still looking next season.
Paul
Old 11-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
Um, which is which?
F.Y.I. the boat on the right when looking at the transom's is a 2003 Avenger, I'm not sure about the one on the left other than it's a 1998 or 1999.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

I kept mine on a 3 pt rack instead of a bunk type.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny b good
F.Y.I. the boat on the right when looking at the transom's is a 2003 Avenger, I'm not sure about the one on the left other than it's a 1998 or 1999.
I had read earlier that the later boats had the longer chines. That seems opposite of the photos. So there is a difference in chines and rocker.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
I had read earlier that the later boats had the longer chines. That seems opposite of the photos. So there is a difference in chines and rocker.
nope,,shorter lifting strakes so to back end will settle in the water...