Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
St. Joseph Launch Area??? >

St. Joseph Launch Area???

Notices

St. Joseph Launch Area???

Old 08-08-2002, 10:29 PM
bigblock

Default St. Joseph Launch Area???

Looking for a recomendation as to where to launch my Enticer in St. Joseph, MI. Planning a trip there next weekend (8/24), any water sites recomend would also be appreciated, thanks.

FM

Old 08-09-2002, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Post this question on the main board. The west Michigan boys will have a lot of info to share with you.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've got two good choices in the Benton Harbor/ St. Joseph area. First would be the DNR ramp on Riverview Drive in Benton Harbor. If your coming in on I-96 , take it to I-94 west bound and get off the 1st exit which will take you right downtown Benton Harbor. Once downtown (which isn't much) go to Riverview Dr and take a left. If you go over the river you've gone to far. Once you take a left you'll go down about a 1/2 mile and you'll see it on the right hand side. The other ramp in on Idustrial Island which is the same other than don't take a left on Riverview drive continue on Main St, go over the river and take a right on the 1st street. that will wind around and come to a T, than take another right and go down till you see Pier 33 Marina and you'll see the sign for the DNR ramp to your left. Both will put you as close as your going to get to the Lake.

Hope that helps.

Brian
Old 08-10-2002, 11:03 AM
bigblock

Brian,
Thanks for the info. Do either of the two have beaches close by?

Frank

Old 08-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank you bet!, I just got in 10:30pm from being out on the Lake. When you clear the pier heads to your left or South is the big hang-out (Silver Beach) Very clean and large. Lots of room to pull up and anchor. To your North will be Tiscornia and a little further North is Jean Klock. Your best bet is Silver Beach. Maybe I'll see you out there?? I'm heading to California Monday night for a week, but will be back in town for the following weekend ready to go.

Brian