Ghost town????

Notices

Ghost town????

Old 10-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ghost town????

Wow it sure has been quiet in here! Everyone must have there boats put away for the winter and working on the honey do lists that were ignored over the summer. I'm still in the water I plan on going to Kelly's this weekend for there annual Halloween party. I will pull it and winterize the following weekend

Ray,
I couldn't help but notice you were taking a interest in a large BT at the boat show Have a friend that owns a 43 with HUGE power. Kind of of funny he had some of the same issues that we went through! Now his is for sale! PM me for details or just to give me a update.
Scott
Old 10-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Honey to do list? who me? ............... yep that's me when I have time away from work

Winterized the boat last weekend and will put her in storage this weekend just in time for Trick r' Treat in the neighborhood.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No BT in my near future, I just blew all my money on a "Cottage" I have been busy fixing things and installing an ADEMCO alarm. Carpet people came on Tuesday and I spent all Wednesday moving beds and furnishings in. Ill post some picts soon. I need to enlarge the boat well to fit my PQ (Big job) so any $$ I have in the future will most likely end up there. At least its for a good purpose!

The Black thunder is very nice and for the price it seemed a good deal. As we have talked about in the past there is a lot of foo foo items in this type of boat that I dont need...fridge, microwave, cook top ect.. My main interest is in the hull size I think 40'+ will be my next move. The paint was awesome too!
Old 11-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray, did you take the 46 BT for a test ride when it was at the metro boat show? My friend and I went out the last day...cold and rough out (4-5's). We ran full throttle and she didn't even mind the rough. Nice boat. Would want bigger engines though. We hit about 70 with 6 people on board.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Took my last ride of the season yesterday
I ran from the dock over to the ramp trying like hell to break my 82mph record All of a sudden the starboard motor started smacking up on the rev limiter I'm thinking man it's cold but how could it be running so much better than the other one! This happened at a little over 80! Soooo I put it on the trailer and pulled it up the ramp and noticed my buddy with a half confused grin on his face looking at the transom. Jumped out of the truck and found a black plastic weaved tarp (or should I say a shredded piece of it) wrapped around the prop
Thank God no damage not even a nick in the prop! That was without a doubt the coldest ride I have ever been on I actually said (can't believe I am admitting it) that the windshield would of been nice

Ray,
I very nice looking place that you bought. I hope that next season we can enjoy some boating together!! Join LEOPA
Lets stay in touch throughout the off season and compare notes.
Feel free to PM me or shoot me a Email. Scott
Old 11-04-2002, 01:02 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My last record run was 2 weekends ago, I got 81 mph w/30P props, and I was smacking the rev limiter too. I guess with the summer heat I'll lose about 150 RPM and the 30P will be "just" right.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 11-04-2002, 01:13 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Bill,
I hit my 82 on a hot summer day and have not seen it since! The plastic tarp wrapped around my prop is what caused the limiter to kick in (must of been a lot of cavitation going on). It was so cold that I just didn't care anymore! Hopefully I will see my 84 in the spring