Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
New Powerquest Owners >

New Powerquest Owners

Notices

New Powerquest Owners

Old 10-23-2002, 07:41 PM
TALKIN TRASH

Default New Powerquest Owners

HELLO! WE ARE NEW POWERQUEST OWNERS. WE BOUGHT A 2001 POWERQUEST VYPER ABOUT A MONTH AGO. WE LIVE IN FORT WALTON BEACH FLORIDA IN THE NW PANHANDLE. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN GREAT FOR BOATING. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO CHATING WITH OTHER POWERQUEST OWNERS. WE WILL BE IN KEY WEST NEXT MONTH FOR THE POKER RUN AND HOPE TO MEET SOME POWERQUEST OWNERS. WE ARE THE ONLY ONES HERE. ALAN AND SHANNA JENKINS (TALKIN TRASH)
Attached Thumbnails New Powerquest Owners-talkintrash.jpg  

Old 10-24-2002, 06:01 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome

You joined at the right time. For most of us , the long Winter lay up has just begun and that brings out a lot of strange things on OSO . Sit back and enjoy.

Nice pic, nice boat

What are you running for motors?

Jeff
Old 10-24-2002, 06:26 AM
wms

Welcome aboard! I also own a 340 as do two of my HRPA brethren. In fact your boat has the same graphic as Vyper340's except the colors are different. But you could be Dave's twin!

Give us details man.....motors, options, top speed, etc.

BTW, I just added up my fuel bills in preparation for my fuel tax refund. 1550 gallons / 123 hours = 12.6 gallons per hour average for 2002.

Old 10-24-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice Boat!!!!
Welcome to the Club
Post more pics and info...
Old 10-24-2002, 09:15 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice boat. I too have a Vyper.
What motors, options etc.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 10-24-2002, 08:04 PM
TALKIN TRASH

Default details on new boat

Thanks to everyone for responding and will be thinking of you this weekend while we are out on the boat. Okay here's the details it got twin 502, 28 inch pitch props, bravo 1 od, hydrolic steering,gaffrig gauges, all the bells and whistles, 80+, we bought this boat from the dealer direct it was his demo at this small marina here. Is anyone going to key west for the poker run! We are going but we are not taking our boat this year we are going to ride with some friends that have a 37 foot active thunder and a 45 Sonic that just got new trip engines. To see some more pictures of our boat and others we just recently did a run from Pensacola to Destin. The easiest way is to go to search and type in Destin it's about the sixth one down and click on that. Some of our Active Thunder friends did the run and posted the pictrures and I'm not yet got the hang of this website.

Old 10-27-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the club! Good looking ride!

Here's me with BillR PQ in the background.
Attached Thumbnails New Powerquest Owners-lc-regatta-resize.jpg  
Old 10-28-2002, 01:07 PM
wms

Hey Alan. I got your email, but your email address did not work. I will just post my reply up here for you. Did you get some boat time this past weekend? We did…..had all three Vypers out on Saturday. They run so nice in this cooler, dryer air.

I love mine. Still getting used to her since this is my first twin engine boat. She is still surprising me with her handle ability. I cranked a turn on Saturday that rivaled the turns I used to crank in the 272. Awesome!

I have 496HO’s. (I had a 502Mag in my 272.) I love these engines. They are close loop cooled which is a major benefit for us since we beach up a lot. I got real tired of having to change out thermostats because I sucked up some sand. The only problems I have had with the motors were a couple of bad sensors, pretty much out of the box. Nothing since then….knock on wood. Apparently they are MUCH more fuel efficient than the 502’s as well. Also, keep a close eye on your 502 risers. They are notorious for leaking at the wet joint. I replaced mine (as did BillR) with Stainless Marine manifolds and risers. And if you do not already have the Vortech flame arrestor on your motors, GET THEM! they are the sh*t.

Do you have any fuel consumption numbers to compare to mine? That would be interesting.

Old 10-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talkin Trash

Is Attitude Adjustment your friend with the 37 Active Thunder? We met them at the Thunder Run a couple of weeks ago in Florida. Great people!

Good Luck with your "new to you" PQ. We had both a 270 and a 290 and loved them both. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:46 PM
TALKIN TRASH

Vyper 34
NICE BOAT Vyper 34 yes it could be our twin. How long have you had it. What size motors do you have.

Quick Reply: New Powerquest Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.