Sony Remote Pad >

Sony Remote Pad

Notices

Sony Remote Pad

Old 10-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sony Remote Pad

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a new Sony Remote Pad? I have a 2002 PQ with these remotes (white oval shape) and one of them is broken. I understand that Sony no longer makes this style. Any ideas on how I may track one down?

(Bill R., with your connections in the audio world, any ideas?)
Old 10-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Gold Member

Sony never made them to begin with... they are made by access technologies. I will call a friend of mine to see if I can get more... I installed 2 on my boat, it did not come from factory with them installed.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Registered

Have you checked with PQ? I am the one that got PQ to put this in the boats when I special requested mine during construction. PQ replaced one that was on the swim platform because it was not water tight. As it turns out the Access Tech one is better for water prone areas...

ChrisK - these ones that Bad Boiz is referring to are Sony made not the Access Tech models. The sony is the only one with an LCD display on the remote while Access has "promised" one for the last 2 years.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:12 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll check to see if I can get any.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 10-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Registered

My 2003 Vyper came with white oval access tech. remotes. The one on the dash works fine, the one on the platform never worked, (maybe Mark drowned it after the photo shoot. lol). Mark told me thay have had nothing but problems with this remote. Two sony digital remotes were sent to Steves marine from Powerquest, but according to Powerquest the wiring harness from the remote to the radio has to be changed also. I have to return both the old ones back to Powerquest, maybe
they could send you the working remote from my boat.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Jeff,

Talked to Rick at PQ, he said he can arrange for me to get the one that works from you. All he needs is for you to send them back.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would send these to PQ, they are completing some work on my boat at the end of this week and if they receive the remote(s), they can install it at the same time.

Thanks!!

Phil
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Registered

Phil,

My new remotes are in and in the possession of Steves Marine in Amityville. The new remotes will fit right in but a new remote harness has to be installed. I am at the mercy of Steves Marine to install my new remotes and they would send the old ones back to PQ.
My 340 will be shrink wrapped in about a week but I will contact Steves to see if they can do the work this week, thats the best I can do, I tried to get them to give me the new ones, but they must do the swap. If they cant do it till spring time I will make sure the working remote finds its way to you. I will let you know how I made out.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Wicked.Good

If you aren't able to get the remote from Jeff, I have one sitting on the parts shelf here at the dealership I work at. I'm guessing that you need the MRC-2 remote (that is the oval one). We ordered it in for a customer, but never replaced it as he decided to just go with a custom stereo install. I can call Rick or Mark and get an RMA number to return it to them if you want to go that route? Let me know...

~Steph~

Old 11-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Registered

Steph,

Sounds great! I just sent you an email with address etc.

Phil