Cleaning Help >

Cleaning Help

Notices

Cleaning Help

Old 11-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cleaning Help

Dave, what I have found is using 'spraying bubbles' when the boat is put on the trailer cleans all of the exhause residue and scum from the hull. Cheap and simple.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Southbound35
Dave,

The first time I waxed the boat, I used a a carnauba paste wax from 3M. I did that once!

For the last several waxes (2-3 per year), I have been using Waxing Frenzy from Hamerhead Boatworks. Really good stuff, and the boat just SHINES! Easy on and off.
You'll be happy with the way Waxing Frenzy! protects through the winter, too. And, we're offering 50% shipping on orders over $50 right now. Powerboat Magazine just did a 3 page review on our products in the November/December issue. You can read it on our website if you don't have a copy.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered

Hey guys, I am new to the PQ family, just got a 97' Enticer. Anyway, I have found GEL-GLOSS to work really well for taking out exhaust stains that even cleaner wax leaves behind. Available at the local hardware store, I recommend the aresol can ($3.50). It is a one step cleaner & polish for fiberglass, marble, and acrylic. Once its clean I chase it with a good wax.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...-Content_Match

-Wally
Old 12-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered

Wally,

While that may work for you, our Waxing Frenzy! will do it all in one step. We have the ONLY cleaner wax that has an engulfing agent to pull the dirt away from the surface. This saves you from having to do 2 steps.

The offshore racers and avid poker runners love it because of that fact.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

You certainly have my interest peaked. What do you recommend for the bottom? My boat is lift kept in a lake used to cool a power plant (i.e. water is treated). I need something that lasts long for the bottom since I don't want to crawl under it more then 2 or 3 times a season to wax it.

-Wally
Old 12-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

We have a new product called Ultimate Shield. It's a teflon-like product that has been getting very good results on bottoms. Fountain tested it at their factory (brackish water) and when they brought boats up that had been sitting in the water for over 2 weeks, they wiped clean with a damp rag.

We apply it with a buffer, wait 24 hours, then apply Waxing Frenzy! over it.

We don't have it on our website yet, but you can call us and we'll hook you up with some.

BTW: Congrats on your new PQ!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:21 PM

Smile Re: Cleaning Help

I do not have any tips on cleaning, however Wally (aka coach) has always supplied good cleaning tips to dock 3 in the past. Perhaps I have just found where he gets all of his insight. Congratulations on your new Powerquest purchase, can't wait to look at her.
Rob
Old 12-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wally why dont you put some pictures of your new ride up. I know I've seen it but others might want to. Even though I haven't done my new one yet.

Frenzy. Wally is correct with the water we boat on it is terrable. After just one weekend out there you have a hard crust on the side of your boat, and your shinny props are starting to look cloudy. If this product works well there is anywhere from 8 to 12 guys that could use it. Maybe you could send one of us a free sample for next season.

Wally how many cheeseburgers do you want?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Sounds like a plan. So, who's it gonna be?
Old 12-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frenzy you can call me @309-275-3436 if you want to, and I will give you my info.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.