Prop help for Formula 206 LS

Notices

Prop help for Formula 206 LS

Old 02-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Prop help for Formula 206 LS

My F-206 has the stock 270 hp, 350 MAG. It has an Alpha drive with 1.50 gears. The boat came to me with a 21" Mirage which would push it to just about 60 mph.
I felt that the 21" Mirage was too big and the boat needed something different. It seemed to take a long time to plane. I was able to contact an engineer at Formula who looked up the factory test reports and found that they switched from the Mirage to a 19" Laser II after mine was built. In fact both props were shipped with the boat to new customers.
Last season I bought a 21" Laser II off E-Bay. It really made a difference. She now comes out of the hole quicker, carries the bow with less drive trim. Top end is about the same.
The Laser II has smaller blades (less area), slightly smaller diameter, and more rake.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iggy, thanks again for your help. I just bought the bought last year so it's good to talk to someone who has the same thing. I'll keep in touch with you and let you know how it goes. Do you know of anyone who put a bimini top on one? (If so what size?) For those long days in the sun I wouldn't mind a little shade when needed. Thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep, I have one to block the Florida sun.
Mine mounts out side of the side glass and just below it to the vertical portion of the fiberglass. This one will not fit under the engine hatch, too wide. When not in use it sort of lays on top the sun pad. I remove it when we get home since my cover won't fit over it. Plus I can store the top in the garage. Keeps it clean. Two bolts and it's off. No problem.
I'll measure the width and height when I get home and post it tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered

Iggy you continue to prove yourself as my savior! I was also concerned about where to mount the poles. I don't want the thing hanging 2 feet off the back of the boat. If you could take a picture of where you mounted it I would be grateful. If not no biggie. Where did you mount the rings to snap the straps down (front and back)? While the TN sun isn't quite as bad as Florida I still want one before summer time. Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I tried to find my CD with all the boat pics, but........

Look at these..... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50864
In pic #3, just ahead of the forward facing side vent, below the side glass, you'll see the stainless mount for the bimini.

The front rings to clip the bimini straps are mounted between the windshield, and just inboard of, the forward cleats. The rear clips are forward of, and just inboard of, the aft cleats.
If I can find my pics I'll post them, or take new ones.

I went to measure the top, but it was burried a bit in the garage. I managed to get a tape measure on it. It measures about 80-82" wide and the best height measurement is about 48". I couldn't pull it out and open it to get a proper height. I do know that when installed and open I can just walk under it without hitting my head and I stand 5' 10". I've seen some that stand a couple feet above peoples heads. Looks silly that way.
Front to rear length, I can't say. But it does cover from the front edge of the sunpad to the front windshield frame. Enough that the cockpit is under cover.
Measure carefully before buying. I Wish I could dig the top out and measure the height correctly. But I think you can get the idea by my height and that it clears my head.

If there's any other questions I can help with, please ask.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Registered

Thanks so much Iggy. The boat looks great! As soon as I get mine out I'll post some pics for you. Great descriptions on the bimini top that is exactly what I needed. I'm going to try and order mine in the next week or two. Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PierPressure
Iggy, thanks again for your help. I just bought the bought last year so it's good to talk to someone who has the same thing. I'll keep in touch with you and let you know how it goes. Do you know of anyone who put a bimini top on one? (If so what size?) For those long days in the sun I wouldn't mind a little shade when needed. Thanks
hey im new to this forums stuff i need help i have a 25 foot 1989 donzi ragazza i just put a new motor in 325hp everything is new but the risers im running it with no thermostat but dont think that would cause it to overheat. when i idle the boat it overheat when i run it with rpm it starts to cool back donw but when i idle again it goes back hot anyone knows what it could be?