Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
HELP!! One for the prop experts!! >

HELP!! One for the prop experts!!

Notices

HELP!! One for the prop experts!!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP!! One for the prop experts!!

Ok this one is going to be a little left feild but thought I would ask anyway.

The boat is a brand new 21'6ft hand laid Kevlar Deep Vee, with a pad, power is a pair of 300PM 15in MADEFI mids motors are fairly stock(lifted limiters, TDR reeds, MAD Tuners probably a genuine 300HP), totally fresh (30 mins run time)

Sportmaster Box's 1.75 ratio's

Propshafts are currently 3/4in below pad, can lift them up miles if need be.

I'm looking for a set of props tool round in with awesome hookup on the bottom end, don't need to be particualry quick up top.

So far have only tried two sets of props and both were terriable!!

They were some 21 Vensuras had a large amount of cavitation out the whole but got there in the end.

Second was some 23p Laser 2's.... totally useless couldn't hardly get it out of the hole for cavitating.

Now as you can imagine this boat is very stern heavy!!! with both sets of props needs very little postivie trim to really fly the bow so props with alot of stern lift would be the go.

Im thinking some low pitch bravo 1's might be the go or REV 4's

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails HELP!! One for the prop experts!!-finished...-003.jpg   HELP!! One for the prop experts!!-finished...-004.jpg   HELP!! One for the prop experts!!-finished...-008.jpg  

Old 01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: HELP!! One for the prop experts!!

Wow, what a cool boat! i really love OB's

I think you are on the right track with the 4 blade propeller choices.

There is a new line of props coming out from Mercury Racing. They are the 4 blade version of the Lightning ET. They will work great for your application. The problem is, they may not be available for many months in the sizes you need. In fact, the history of this propeller dates back to 1998. This prop was my baby. I won't go into details so as not to bore the regulars on this thread. I don't know exactlly when you will be able to get them. I will give you the exact time frame as it evolves.

In the mean time............Bravo 1 propellers in a reduced diameter with the correct cut will make a boat like yours kick some serious a$$. I don't think the standard diameter and prophile will be the best. However, some mods will work well. Also, testing a set of Rev 4's in 23's is a real good idea.

Let us know as you test other props. All the results will help to get to the ultimate target. If we can be of assistance, please give us a call.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: HELP!! One for the prop experts!!

Thanks guys I have some 21 Rev 4's to test this week, so will post up the results when I have a chance to run it, also have a set of 25 Mirgae Plus to try see if the run any better than the laser2 (Im hoping they will as they have more diameter/blade area)

BBlades are you talking about the new 4 blade Pro ET?? I too would think that would be the ultimate prop but have heard when they finally become available they only have them in RH no LH.

Bravo's are not popular in my part of the world to run on these types of boats, but in the hours and hours of reading I have done it seems to me it would make sense to run them in my application, the boat really needs alot of stern lift, have attached a photo of it sitting in the water to show just how stern heavy it is...

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on modifiying a set of bravos to suit.
Attached Thumbnails HELP!! One for the prop experts!!-getting-wet-013.jpg   HELP!! One for the prop experts!!-mums-photos-010.jpg