labbed props >

labbed props

Notices

labbed props

Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default labbed props

Can labbed Maximus props still be tweaked? I have a set that Mercury Racing labbed. I am running at 83 mph, 5100 rpm, @ WOT with 3/4 tank of fuel, and 2 people. Hole shot is good, not great, blows out before coming on plane, mid-range is excellent, and top end is good. Seems like I still have a few hundred rpm left.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Yes it can. We do it all the time.

Depending on the age of your props determines the actual Lab process you recieved. The boys changed it a couple times since Dennis started it and I finalized it in March 2004 before leaving Mercury. I still prefere the original design.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Yes it can. We do it all the time.

Depending on the age of your props determines the actual Lab process you recieved. The boys changed it a couple times since Dennis started it and I finalized it in March 2004 before leaving Mercury. I still prefere the original design.
They were just done about a month ago. I know I have talked to you on OSO several time about these props. I had a used set of 28P Maximus props. They were running @ 82mph @ 5300 rpm. Hole shot, mid range, and top end were very good. Handled around the dock at low speeds very well also. The 28P were being labbed as part of a deal I had with the boat dealer that I bought my boat thru. When he received the 28P and spoke to Mercury Racing about the labbing, they recommended going with 30P due to the fact that labbing the 28P would put me all over the rev limiter. The dealer swapped the 28P for a set of new 30P he had in stock and sent them in to Mercury Racing. Now I am at the 83mph, 5000RPM @ WOT throttle with 2 people and 1/2 tank of fuel. Not as good a hole shot, but still decent mid and top end.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Yes,

More than likely a small change in the propeller geometry can get the rpm's up to the recomended number and also add some WOT speed.

Ultimately we would need to see the props but I'm certain a adjustment can help you.