What Prop for Stinger 222? >

What Prop for Stinger 222?

Notices

What Prop for Stinger 222?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds good mate,
What's the diff between the Rev 4 and Bravo 1 4 blade that makes for such a change?

If I'm to get a prop 'labbed' am I supposed to start with the right sized prop and have it tuned, or am I supposed to go up one size (pitch) and the 'labbing' shaves it to suit?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
That sounds good mate,
What's the diff between the Rev 4 and Bravo 1 4 blade that makes for such a change?

If I'm to get a prop 'labbed' am I supposed to start with the right sized prop and have it tuned, or am I supposed to go up one size (pitch) and the 'labbing' shaves it to suit?
The Rev 4 has a completely different blade geometry that was designed to provide more bow lift on boats with smaller HP that require the prop to carry the bow. It's a combination of pitch progression and rake that make it different. It's been my experience that the Bravo 1 likes a higher X to really perform well and can create some "interesting" handling quirks on boats with a low or deep X.

Labbing a prob is nothing more than asking your prop guy to blueprint the prop to either it's original factory specs or modified specs based on your requirements. Labbing a prop is a waste of time and money unless you have some baseline testing done with the base prop or another "labbed" prop of similar specs.

Typically labbing a prop meant truing up the blades and in the process thinning them along with sharpening the leading edge. These 2 things will tend to allow a prop with identical pitch turn slightly more RPM at WOT. Because of that people started to buy the next larger size then have it "labbed" to get to the WOT numbers they wanted.

The proper way to work a prop is to take the one you have/want and do proper testing, recording the performance over the entire range of operation. then, working with your prop guy you decide what characteristics you want and they incorporate that into the prop through the blueprint process. There's no reason to change the WOT RPM's through blueprinting if the prop already meets those requirements.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Registered

That makes sense, thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Registered

Default prop

Originally Posted by MC-BOYS
Ghostrider,
I have a slightly used, but in brand new condition, Hill Marine 5blade 23'pitch stainless prop sitting in my house that I have no use for; I used it for about 1 hour on my old boat, but the prop had too much bite so I wasn't able to obtain WOT. My old set up was a 454Mag MPI with a bravo I; it was tweeked pushing out about 450hp.
If you are pushing over 500hp, have a 22' to 29' boat, this may be the perfect set up for you. If you are interested, private message me; I'll give you a great deal--well below new retail.

hello i wanna know how much you want for the prop?? thanks a lot
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Registered

I already bought it and have it on my boat.

Sorry
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Have you had a chance to test yet? Just curious on how it's working for you.

I have a 222 but with a 383/Alpha. I run a 25P Mirage+ but I haven't had any testing time on it because I had to yank the engine back out (builder screwed me). Anyway, I'm hoping to be back on the water in a few weeks. My Mirage got me on plane effortlessly but I wasn't able to do any high-speed testing. I'm looking to spin 5500 or so and run in the upper 70s.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Well, It's been a while but here's some results:
Hill 5 Blade 23P = around 63mph at 4800rpm
Mirage + 3 Bl 25P = 68.7 mph and 4900rpm

I have a Bravo 1 24P but it's a bloody LH! (seller sent the wrong one!)

How hard is it to swap form RH to LH rotation. I've read some good reports about improved handling on a single drive running LH rotation. How do I pull that off? Is it complex?

I also just bought a Rev4 23P RH to see what that'll do. Any thoughts?

Brett, you might be getting my Mirage+ soon if you think it may be benneficial to my set up!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try a 23mirage prop old not a plus ! that will give you 5400rpm if you can only find a 23 plus ?that shuold if you 5300rpm . .your boat will wake up and be in the power band . 4900rpm is dogging the motor .. i am runnig a old 23mirage on my boat gps at 80mph at 5400rpm. i ran a 24trubo prop and i ran 4900 rpm at 75mph. and the boat was a dog !!!! i put that 23 on and my boat at midrange was alot fasterand top speed
Old 01-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

??wt gears do you have in your drive????
Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Registered

1.50 gears, standard Bravo 1 drive and a Billet Marine Billet top cap / cooler.

Quick Reply: What Prop for Stinger 222?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.