Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Installed 383...now need new prop >

Installed 383...now need new prop

Notices

Installed 383...now need new prop

Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JHUCK I failed to mention that I also have a 17p Mercury HighFive that I use for heavy loads(people, beer, gas) or when I'm towing a skier/tube. Tops out quick, but pulls like a Jeep on steroids. You really need more than one prop if you want to do everything well.

Marco
Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

Yeah, I plan on keeping the 21 Turbo for play. It is also great fun for midrange blasts. The nice thing about the 383 is that it makes 423 ft/lbs down at 2900 rpm so the throttle response is fantastic.

I will give the Laser a try this weekend to see how things go.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered

I tried the new 25P Laser II yesterday and it doesn't appear to be a good fit for my set up. Although the conditions weren't favorable because of all the traffic, I could tell I would only be able to muster about the same speed or slightly less than my 21P Turbo. The big difference was how light the boat felt in the water. Wow, much more trim and that thing would have really chine walked. The prop put me down to 4,900-5,000 while the Turbo puts me at 5,600.