PROPer PROP for PQ 280 silencer >

PROPer PROP for PQ 280 silencer

Notices

PROPer PROP for PQ 280 silencer

Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just measured it again and it is definatly 15" on the money. and it has no shine to it. so it prob has been messed with. It isnt an XR. It just looks different than all my buddys Bravos. And it says Performance Bravo One on it instead of just bravo one. And it has a low water pick up so you cant hook it up to the muffs you have to use a boot. I was tild by a old PQ dealer that the spacer is to help reduce the chine walking that the 280 silencers are bad for. But i am all about dialing it in to get the most out of it. I had my old 20" open bow running 73 with a mild built small block and it took a few years to dial it in but thats about all it had. LOL. I realised that the big block boats are a whole new league and im really liking it!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pics of the Bravo.
Attached Thumbnails PROPer PROP for PQ 280 silencer-000_1192.jpg   PROPer PROP for PQ 280 silencer-000_1193.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Is there any difference in this bravo or is it just a different mercruiser decal?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just did some research. There is a difference. Its like an X drive. A step under a XR. It is $1000 more than a standard Bravo one.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I calculate your slip at about 17%. This is a touch high but not ridiculous.

Bravo 1 props are approx. 1 inch low in pitch plus the cup height causes me to use 15.3 in my calculations. The props are actually 15" diameter not 15.25" as they are stamped. The 34 and 36 are 15.25" diameter.

The prop is most likely worked if it has a brushed/satin finish. Look in the inner hub area for any stampings or markings. There may be something we can do to the existing propeller to improve performance. I don't feel your performance numbers are too far off considering the HP/hull set up. Most likely we can improve the performance using your existing prop.

I would also be interested as to the depth of the prop shaft centerline below the bottom of the boat directly in front of it.

Brett