Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
1996 22' Donzi Classic, 502 Mag, Bravo Drive >

1996 22' Donzi Classic, 502 Mag, Bravo Drive

Notices

1996 22' Donzi Classic, 502 Mag, Bravo Drive

Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

-2" Imco is the ticket for a big block 22 Classic with stock "X". It improves every aspect of the boat.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brett,
I don't want you to go with a full lab job on the prop at this point. I have not run the boat yet. Please just quote returning the prop to like new condition with all blades equal pitch and the prop balanced.
I want to test a Rev 4 and Turbo 1 before spending the $ labbing a prop.

Dave,
I've got to add external steering to the boat before I can think about a shorty. Not going to happen in 2013 but maybe next Winter.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Pat,
Check your personal email.

Brett
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Pat,
Check your personal email.

Brett
Back in your inbox Brett.
The boat is ready to rumble as soon as the ice melts so put me on the list to test a 25p Rev 4 and 25p Turbo 1 in April.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I got my recon'd prop back from Brett today. If it runs as good as it looks, I'll be a happy boater. Come on Spring...
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat , you should have not sold me that mach stern driver to me a couple a years ago it was a 26 pitch 4 blade .Sounds like you could us it know .. I wish i still had it for you
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OK guys, I've run the boat a few times now. 68mph GPS/ 73mph on the speedo turning 4500-4550rpm with my 25p Mirage. I install mufflers and they may be holding her back 100-200rpm. I will test her without mufflers after the Holiday weekend. Brett - I'd like to have you send me a Rev 4 and a Turbo 1 to test. Please send me an e-mail or PM with cost and when you can ship test props. Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
OK guys, I've run the boat a few times now. 68mph GPS/ 73mph on the speedo turning 4500-4550rpm with my 25p Mirage. I install mufflers and they may be holding her back 100-200rpm. I will test her without mufflers after the Holiday weekend. Brett - I'd like to have you send me a Rev 4 and a Turbo 1 to test. Please send me an e-mail or PM with cost and when you can ship test props. Thanks
Pat, get the Turbo Lightning or TXP. The Rev may work well but probably not needed as the drives are very deep on the Classics.

I would have guessed more rpm and speed with a non plus mirage. Those mufflers may be reducing power more than you think.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Pat, get the Turbo Lightning or TXP. The Rev may work well but probably not needed as the drives are very deep on the Classics.

I would have guessed more rpm and speed with a non plus mirage. Those mufflers may be reducing power more than you think.
The Guys on Donzi.net say to try the Turbo 1. Yes the drive is deep; I think the prop shaft is like 7"+ below the bottom. The mufflers are definitely holding her back; I bought the cheap inserts that have a block off plate that diverts the water/exhaust through louvers. I've since drilled a 2" hole through the block off plate to see if that will help. I need to get out there and give her a good run without the kids or wife on board...
Old 05-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
The Guys on Donzi.net say to try the Turbo 1. Yes the drive is deep; I think the prop shaft is like 7"+ below the bottom. The mufflers are definitely holding her back; I bought the cheap inserts that have a block off plate that diverts the water/exhaust through louvers. I've since drilled a 2" hole through the block off plate to see if that will help. I need to get out there and give her a good run without the kids or wife on board...
Turbo 1 is a good prop but the lightning and txp have more rake and will carry the bow better. I think they have a bit more diameter too. IMO the lightning is a better choice.

I bet those louvered inserts are costing you a couple hundred rpm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.