38 fountain hp525efi's prop help >

38 fountain hp525efi's prop help

Notices

38 fountain hp525efi's prop help

Old 02-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 fountain hp525efi's prop help

Looking for help on propping a 2006 fountain 38 lightning with twin 525's. looking at having brett over at bblades labbing a set. But my question is which props to lab? currently running 32p bravo 1's. Any one with same boat have any luck with any other props? what about going to a 5 blade?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 30 pitch p5x hydros on my 35 lightning t/s 525 great cruise plane and top end also run the 32 bravo 1 s i prefer the 5 blade prop
Old 02-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by blue5speed
i have 30 pitch p5x hydros on my 35 lightning t/s 525 great cruise plane and top end also run the 32 bravo 1 s i prefer the 5 blade prop

What kind of performance numbers are you seeing with the Hydros? I have run some but have never been able to get a set of 30's to test run, liked the way the P5x ran on mine, just had the wrong pitch.

Sorry to get this off topic.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Satisfaction,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have returned from the Miami boat show and are trying to get back to the daily routine. BBLADES has Labbed many 4 blade propellers for these Fountain hulls and have adjusted setups for folks to 5 blade props as well for many years.
If the 4 blade B1's hook up correctly, they will be the best top speed and very good all around propellers. The 5 blade props offer great low end and mid range cruise speed as well as fuel economy. The 5 blade props can slow you down on the top end if the efficiency is already good with the 4 blade props.
The Hydro P5X props are just fine out of the box and can be a improvement over 4 blades in the correct situation. But, the correct Lab Finished Maximus casting will out perform a Hydro P5X every time.

Satisfaction, I'd like to discuss your current performance numbers with you via phone or email. We have a test propeller program that allows you to try without buying. So, please call me at 920-295-4435 or email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Brett

Originally Posted by Satisfaction
Looking for help on propping a 2006 fountain 38 lightning with twin 525's. looking at having brett over at bblades labbing a set. But my question is which props to lab? currently running 32p bravo 1's. Any one with same boat have any luck with any other props? what about going to a 5 blade?