Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Best Prop For IMCO SCX >

Best Prop For IMCO SCX

Notices

Best Prop For IMCO SCX

Old 11-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

I agree with everyone's advice of needing to run these drives high. My application is very different than a Daytona (25 outlaw) but I'm dealing with the "scx blues". I believe my drive is way too deep, 2.25" bellow the pad on a 12" box, so after the notch it's probably closer to 5.5" if we're using the 1" of water rise per 12" of set back. So being that deep I should have better slip numbers but I'm still at 24ish% with a labbed bravo 1 and over 15% with a stock diameter Maximus. I think even with it that deep the difference of lower torpedo diameter vs prop hub creates a big air pocket creating slip.

So long story short the best prop for the scx gear cases are a dig diameter cleaver with the bottom of the case running right at the surface of the water. A new transom may be in my future if I'm going to see my project through...