Any one running new max 5 propellers?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbladesprops

Any one running new max 5 propellers?

Old 02-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 06 42 Fountain
Default Any one running new max 5 propellers?

Mercury racing released new 5 blade max 5 and was wondering if anyone has tested them yet. I was told they have little more slip then Maximums. Kinda a middle road between bravo1 4 blade and Maximums 5 blade.?....
Old 03-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Made from the Maximus castings, It was created with the X Cat race series in mind. These are Europian lightweight catamarans with Merc 400 ROS engines on them. Not the best option for Large OB center console boats but ok for lightweight stuff. Very mixed reviews. We have sold and worked only a few of them.

Brett
rvtransport likes this.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Registered

I thought they were designed when nor tech wanted to achieve 100mph on their 39 which they did any how, i ordered a pair been 3 weeks and still nothing when i finally get them ill post results
Old 04-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

Originally Posted by kakarot View Post
I thought they were designed when nor tech wanted to achieve 100mph on their 39 which they did any how, i ordered a pair been 3 weeks and still nothing when i finally get them ill post results

No, they were actually made quickly out of the Maximus castings as soon as the 400 Verado came out since the 5 blade cleavers had not been cut down from the #6 props yet. There really wasn't a propeller offering for the 400 when it was released so Merc Racing created the Max 5 as a option to fill a niche. Also, we can easily make a Max 5 out of a existing Maximus propellers if some one wanted to convert a set. We have the templates and the other specs. There isn't a dedicated mold for these, just a recipe to incorporate into the Maximus.
We offer a BBLADES 5-SPEED custom build for the 400 as well.

Brett
Old 04-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops View Post
No, they were actually made quickly out of the Maximus castings as soon as the 400 Verado came out since the 5 blade cleavers had not been cut down from the #6 props yet. There really wasn't a propeller offering for the 400 when it was released so Merc Racing created the Max 5 as a option to fill a niche. Also, we can easily make a Max 5 out of a existing Maximus propellers if some one wanted to convert a set. We have the templates and the other specs. There isn't a dedicated mold for these, just a recipe to incorporate into the Maximus.
We offer a BBLADES 5-SPEED custom build for the 400 as well.

Brett
wow if i would of known that i would of have gotten props from you brett, its been a little more than 3 weeks since i paid my max5 and still havent recieved them am starting to get pissed now they told me a date and it was all lies..

how does a custom 5 speed of yours compared to a max5 performs on a pair of 400s
And what would be the price tag on a pair and am i able to try them before buying them?
the reason i bought the max5 is because a friend of mine bought them and his slip dropped a lot dont recall the % right now, and he says his boat now has an amazing accelaration and great top end

Last edited by kakarot; 04-23-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Mercury is in a little more than in a bind right now in propeller production. There are also more than one reason this is the case. It is mostly due to production constraints. What many dealers don't understand is how the system operates at Mercury. MercNet dates are computer generated. You have to contact the correct people to get a more accurate date.

Our custom 5-SPEED is literally a new development. We don't have a abundance of validation time on them but we know they work. If you desire, yes you can test them through our test program. Since they are our branded castings, the test fees of $55 per prop do go towards purchase. I haven't even priced them but they will be hundreds less than the Max5. We sell the 5-SPEED (the parent casting) for $1250 as compared to the Maximus that lists at $1735. Our 5-SPEED is pretty awesome and the major majority of people who have tested them love them.
The reason your friends slip went down was due to 5 blades (more efficient). Acceleration is from the same reason. The less efficient the 4 blade props, the better the 5 blades will perform.
Call me anytime and we can discuss the details.

Brett
Brett

Last edited by bbladesprops; 04-24-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: grammar