Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Propeller Problem, Is This a Max 5 or a Maximus 5? >

Propeller Problem, Is This a Max 5 or a Maximus 5?

Notices

Propeller Problem, Is This a Max 5 or a Maximus 5?

Old 01-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not running it anymore as I added a Whipple, but on the stock 496HO vs a 24P bravo it gave me 2mph on top and even more at cruise speed. Less cavitation coming onto plane too. I was very impressed. They are expensive though so this round I went with a cheaper option from Cutting edge. They make a very similar prop to the Max 5 for about $750. It works great too.
The following users liked this post:
thirdchildhood (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 225 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MirageIntruder View Post
I'm not running it anymore as I added a Whipple, but on the stock 496HO vs a 24P bravo it gave me 2mph on top and even more at cruise speed. Less cavitation coming onto plane too. I was very impressed. They are expensive though so this round I went with a cheaper option from Cutting edge. They make a very similar prop to the Max 5 for about $750. It works great too.
Sounds good. I paid $1,300 for mine but it will have to be sent out and the blades cleaned up. Gotta test run it first of course.
The following users liked this post:
MASOMAN (01-11-2021)