P5X similar too?? >

P5X similar too??

Notices

P5X similar too??

Old 02-28-2024, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default P5X similar too??

I borrowed a friends 30 P5X last season and ran it on my 280 Velocity. It loved it. He doesn't want to sell it and I'm wondering if there is anything comparable that works similar. I tried labbed and standard Bravo ones and the boat lost about 3-4mph and also starts chime walking a lot when you get it up on the pad. I see some Signature 5 blades for sale but I haven't been able to try one. It seems odd to me that this boat likes the p5X so much, when I put them on another boat with twins I lost about 5mph compared to the 30 Labbed Bravo ones. I plan to sell the boat this spring and want to get something on there that doesn't chime walk and still performs decent.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by im MartinB
I borrowed a friends 30 P5X last season and ran it on my 280 Velocity. It loved it. He doesn't want to sell it and I'm wondering if there is anything comparable that works similar. I tried labbed and standard Bravo ones and the boat lost about 3-4mph and also starts chime walking a lot when you get it up on the pad. I see some Signature 5 blades for sale but I haven't been able to try one. It seems odd to me that this boat likes the p5X so much, when I put them on another boat with twins I lost about 5mph compared to the 30 Labbed Bravo ones. I plan to sell the boat this spring and want to get something on there that doesn't chime walk and still performs decent.
Martin,

I would think Merc's Maximus would be a better equivalent, unless they are not shaft compatible (?). additionally, I have been told by numerous people, including Hydromotive, that their props tend to be higher pitch than equivalent Bravo props, not to mention losing the effect of the additional blade (more slip, I'd think).

Thanks. Brad.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:13 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by im MartinB
P5x is great prop for sure! I have always wanted to test the cutting edge bravo style 5 blade, you might want check that one.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 79 Posts

https://cuttingedgepropellers.com/our-props/
Old 02-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

I've got Cutting Edge 28P and 30p 5 blade props and I like them on my Nordic Heat.

The following 2 users liked this post by 87MirageIntruder:
im MartinB (03-29-2024), JaniH (03-31-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have any direct comparisons with this prop against something more common by chance? Thus far I've really liked every 5 blade I've spun but they've all lowered my slip down to 12-15% and I am going for closer to 18-20%. Running Bravo ones labbed and slip is 23-25% and it's like that through out all the speeds 3500-6000.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

On my Nordic Heat, the 5 blade cutting edge props run about 4% less slip than a bravo one 4 blade. I had them make the 5 blades to 15" so that could explain why they have a bit more slip than a typical 5 blade. I think many 5 blades are at least 15.25 and larger.