1990 Sunsation Rocket project

Notices

1990 Sunsation Rocket project

Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Sunsation Rocket project

I love everyone's restoration threads and they all give me inspiration and motivation! So I thought I would start my own thread! I bought my Rocket in July 2010 knowing I needed to do interior and trailer work on it, but I blew the rebuilt engine at 13 hours so then it began! I don't have a big budget for my toys so I have to do the work myself and I would have not been able to do the work and keep this boat going without all the help and advice from everyone on OSO! I wanted to do new external steering this winter, but now I'm moving to VA in June so I need a new trailer for the salt water and steering might have to wait. (just got painted steel trailer now). Below is the link to my photobucket on the boat but I promise I will post new pictures as they come directly to the thread! And better pics (most are from my phone, need a camera)

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/emspjay/
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

wow! a lot of work there!!! keep posting!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jeff32 View Post
wow! a lot of work there!!! keep posting!
Thank you! Will do!!

You also can see in the pics the house and garage went from white to yellow, I bought a fixer-upper house on the Clinton River with boat docks! During this time I did a complete renovation on that house and did the work on the boat! And the pictures of me doing work in a nice garage are from my girlfriend now wife's house. She let me turn her garage into a shop after a few months after dating! We got married back in September. Back in June I got the Clinton River house done so we live in it and have hers rented out! So got to give my girl some credit also for putting up with me!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Project! I also have a 24 Sunsation. Mine is a race hull, 606 Lock'd Up Bandit. I didn't restore mine, but did put a new engine and seats in it.
The one issue I had was my battery box was not through bolted and pulled out during a rough race. My boat was not rigged by Sunsation-so it's NOT their fault. This might be something you can easily check and fix-if needed.
Good luck and keep posting pics!
Bob
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
Great Project! I also have a 24 Sunsation. Mine is a race hull, 606 Lock'd Up Bandit. I didn't restore mine, but did put a new engine and seats in it.
The one issue I had was my battery box was not through bolted and pulled out during a rough race. My boat was not rigged by Sunsation-so it's NOT their fault. This might be something you can easily check and fix-if needed.
Good luck and keep posting pics!
Bob
Thanks! Good info! Got pics of your Rocket? I shifted the original battery location slightly 2 years ago but it is not through bolted, and I bought a second battery and switch but never installed the second battery yet just the switch I have been looking for better battery locations.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Great work. Sorry to see ya move.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J View Post
Great work. Sorry to see ya move.
Thanks! Don't really want to go but that's my job. Was nice to be home in MI for the last three years. Got just nine years until I retire and then we will be back, or possibly sooner if next time I transfer I can get back to the area.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Videos are always fun on a super cold day like today!

At idle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvOSifp1NE

Idle to cruise around 40mph (wife don't like to go fast it scares her)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxsMmAR26M
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fast Shafts are you guys running the race circuit this year? Would be nice to see a sunny at the races this year!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24 View Post

Idle to cruise around 40mph (wife don't like to go fast it scares her)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxsMmAR26M
Let me get this straight...You bought a Go Fast boat but your wife doesnt like to go fast???? How did you get the thumbs up to buy the boat in the first place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.