Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do, Thanks. Randy
Old 08-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Sending interior out this week

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506669[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506675[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506676[/ATTACH]Interior goes in this week. I think I am going to take out the pockets & put some panels in there for the 8" speakers, already have holes for 4 of the 6.5s. I am going to build a new seat base/sub cabinet for the 4 10" subs. I looked at some pearl white material that looked pretty cool in the sun. The stereo in my Kachina Rocks with 6 of these 6.5s & two 10" subs running 1400 watts of power. This thing with 4 subs, 4 8" and 8 6.5s and 2800 watts of power should help to kill some of these damn Asian carp that are invading the river!! Everyone should do their part. Lol. Randy
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-003.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-004.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-005.jpg  

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-006.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-eliminator-grinding-floor-001.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-eliminator-rear-seat-side-panels-012.jpg  

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-rear-upper-speakers-light-rings-installed-001.jpg   Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started-eliminator-rear-seat-side-panels-007.jpg  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered

Looking great Randy.
My boat came with the pearl white, it still pops when clean and in the sun. My interior needs a refresh, it's on the winter to do list now. The hatch cover is in the worst shape. I really want to have 3 headrests built in to it with grab handles built in to the back of them. I don't know how many people of slipped off the molded in swim step when trying to climb back in to the boat.

I had the stereo gone through this spring on mine, wish I would have changed the subs. I have 3 each 8" JL audio subs in the bench seat bottom ( came with boat, shoulda replaced when I had the rear seat torn apart, clack at the upper limits), 3 each Alpine 6.5" biaxial speakers in the gunnel side panels adjacent to the drivers and passengers seats, 4 each Alpine triaxel 8" speakers in bench portion of the bow rider seats and 2each 6x9's mounted to the under side of the hatch cover in boxes. The 6x9's were installed by the previous owner, they really fill in the midrange when the hatch is up about a foot, but not practical when moving fast or when anchored as people want to go swimming and having the hatch up makes it almost impossible to get back in to the boat. The amps are mounted in the mid cuddy, 2 on the bulk head that supports the helm, and one on the other side. The amps are a hodge podge, JL Audio ( 560ish watt), Alpine marine amp for the subs (600?watts), and a 450ish Watt JBL. I went with an Alpine marine head unit, Alpine marine remote touch pad etc.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Dave, the back seat has 8" speaker holes. That system sucked, I hope the thief/ ex employee is happy with it. I am going to build a new box for the bottom of the seat for the 10s so I am going to take out 2" from the bottom of the top half to keep the overall measurements the same. I am trying to figure out where to mount the amps, I don't want them out in the open in the cuddy & I don't want them in the engine compartment either so I might try to make the sub cabinet a little deeper to mount them there but I have to be careful about giving enough room for the crank pulley. The shop that mounted the side mount whipple moved the seat fwd a couple of inches & made the back seat pretty uncomfortable, so I am also wanting to fix that problem also. Anybody wanna come and help? Randy
Old 08-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Mount the amps here -

The two amps in the photo drive all but the subs, the sub amp is behind the panel on the other side of the opening.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Registered

Mounting them behind the interior panels in the cuddy is a PITA, but you don't have to worry about them getting wet or being stolen. Unless some one knows where they are and have a sawzall. It would still take some time to get at them.

Putting them under the back seat or in the engine compartment could expose them to water, especially under the back seat. You would be better off mounting them behind the gunnel panels.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I will take a look & do some measurements, those 700 watt amps are pretty long though. Thanks for the heads up I didn't even think about behind the dash. These 25s definitely do not have any extra room for stuff like this, This boat originally never even had a radio. Randy
Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

You may need to reroute some wiring but your amps should fit no problem. The two amps in the picture take up a lot of room, cant imagine yours having a much larger case. I bought an alpine digital 600 watt amp for the subs and was amazed at how small it was. If moving the dash wiring is to much of a hassle you can mount one amp to the inner side of the fixed plywood bulkhead that you see in the picture. That's how Eliminator mounted one of the craptastic amps my boat came with. The head unit on my boat is mounted in the left side interior panel behind the dash, lots of dead space to mount stuff also. There is considerable dead space behind the gunnel panels also, would be a real PITA to access when you put it all back together though.

I hear you about lack of cubby / storage space in these boats, they are a "small" 25'. If they were a foot taller it would help, but then they would be heavier and not go as well with stock power.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My amps are 20" long 9 5/8 wide & 2 1/8" high for the 700s and 16 3/4 long same wide & tall for the 450s. Plus I have the plastic end caps to cover the wiring so add 5" to the length of the amps with those. They might fit horizontally but I also need to get plenty of air around them for cooling. If I wasn't in love with this boat being my 1st blown go fast I would probably just sell it & go buy something else to tinker with. But I really am looking forward to working on it this winter & try to use my imagination to make it cool without going too far overboard. Plus it will keep me out of the bottle. Randy
Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Make sure they have enough air space so you don't over heat the amps. The new alpine pdx amps are tiny. I have two of them. And I love them. If you mount them inside of something make sure they have a few inches of air space above them to cool them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.