Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started >

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started

Notices

Eliminator 250 Eagle XP build has started

Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks sdg, that is a major requirement & why I haven't settled on a location yet. I would not be opposed to mounting a couple of cooling fans either if need be. Randy
Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Registered

Put some computer cooling fans in the amp rack one inlet one outlet gets a nice cross flow cooling on them. Or gus and electric cooler and mount them to the cool side of it. Lol yes that's a bit overkill for your amps lol but it works well for cooling them off
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered

Randy, you could mount them to the underside of the hatch but wiring would be a pain. If you take the time the amps will fit in the area shown in the pics I posted. Your amps are a couple inches longer than mine but you should be able to make them fit. The computer fan idea is great, I think they run on DC current, would be easy to cut some holes in the inside of the panels for the intake side of the fans? Either way, it's not like your going to be sitting still in that rocket for long...90 +mph on the water will provide plenty of "air cooling" for your system.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Dave, that would be a good place to mount them. I will pull those panels & set one in there to see, if they are hidden I won't have to mount the plastic end covers so they will be 20" & 16 3/4". I wish my damn garage was done so I could work on it at night. Oh well, soon. The fans would be more for cooling when beached or tied up the power is to override the exhaust cause I have NO intentions of using mufflers unless drug kicking & screaming. Lol Randy

Last edited by Randy Nielsen; 08-30-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: kicking & screaming Lol
Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen View Post
Hey Dave, that would be a good place to mount them. I will pull those panels & set one in there to see, if they are hidden I won't have to mount the plastic end covers so they will be 20" & 16 3/4". I wish my damn garage was done so I could work on it at night. Oh well, soon. The fans would be more for cooling when beached or tied up the power is to override the exhaust cause I have NO intentions of using mufflers unless drug kicking & screaming. Lol Randy
They will be hidden, and a PITA to get to when the interior is installed. Just make sure you set the manual adjustments where you like before reinstalling the interior. There's no way in hell some one can get a finger on them unless the cuddy seat back rests, bottoms, interior pass through panels and interior panels have been removed. Even then they will be difficult to remove. Ventilation hasn't been a problem on my boat this year. Albeit, the warmest weather it has been in was 90 degrees.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

COOL, secret stereo Lol I think that's the ticket. Thanks Dave. You know, if the stupid thieves would just UNPLUG the stuff instead of cutting wires I wouldn't worry about hiding everything. Insurance should pay for stolen components but they throw a hissy fit if they have to replace a custom interior. Randy

Last edited by Randy Nielsen; 09-02-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: another comment
Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Nice project! Looks like its going to come out looking good, just gotta have a plan & go from there. My plans changed a few times along the way but its pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Cant wait to see how the white interior looks all put together.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

wow awesome looking boat
Old 10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks innerrage, I haven't worked on it for a while one of the disadvantages of owning multiple boats. Lol I got the interior down to the shop to get redone but that will be a while, I need to get the hull drains fixed then remount the tank so I can get the floor done. I am thinking about doing the floor in 3 pieces so I can access the fuel tank if needed. Also mounting some cross bracing between the outer stringers so the seats will have something solid to mount to instead of screwed to the floor. Randy

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser