Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
89 scarab 21 excel rebuild >

89 scarab 21 excel rebuild

Notices

89 scarab 21 excel rebuild

Old 02-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man yr engine looks sweet, i wish i had done black. explain how yr evap system. i thought you run a hone from inake to catch can then to valve cover? and do you got a up close picture of that -an fitting on left rear valve cover going into that grommet? looking good
Old 02-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, valve cover to catch can, then catch can to intake. I just used a 1/2 npt to -6 an fitting and turned it into the grommet. I will be running another can for the right side of the engine. These ls engines can really guzzle oil. They fixed that with the pcv being built into the valley cover. I'm not taking any chances with oil ingestion. I still need to get out and measure that cable for you.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Registered

So I've been looking at my choices for seats and nothing appeals to me. Now I get to see if I can build a set. So just in case you guys don't think my build is impressive enough already, I've been working with one good arm.

I wish I had a picture of my arm with the plates in it. So the next time anyone thinks about skimping out on safety, think of these pics. And the next time someone thinks they can't do something, remember I'm still trying my hardest to keep moving forward. I now have been told by three different doctors that I should have died that day. Yet I'm still kicking. We always hear people taking about safety, well I'm here to tell you that it is really important. I make a joke all the time now when I speak about my accident, no one ever listens to the shop teacher who has all his fingers. A lot of us work on our own stuff here. So when I say please be safe, I mean it. I can't turn a wrench with my left arm, I can't use a pair of pliers, or turn a screwdriver. I can't pick my own kids up without sever pain. Let's face it, many of us have cut corners when working on things. Gravity pulls objects at 32 ft per second, how long do you think it takes for and engine to fall. Or a vehicle to fall when a jack fails. You're not fast enough, trust me. I know a great deal of you already follow the correct way to do things, but with our season just around the corner I just want to give everyone something to think about. I was a bodybuilder and power lifter for 19 years of my life, and in a fraction of a second everything I had ever worked for is done for. I can never again follow that passion of mine. So please be safe out there.

Last edited by sdg0080; 02-06-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

Look twins ..

I decided to run dual catch cans, and an lines.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

What the h@ll happened?? I've been working around and under vehicles since I was 13. 50 now. Jack stands have saved my life on 2 different occasions.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Work related accident. Had a 500 lbs steel frame fall over and crush me when a clamp failed. I was knelt down and it was on my inspection table. Hit me with around 2000 lbs of force. I had two ratchet clamps holding it, but one failed. Lucky for me I have a very thick skull, now I have the CT scan to prove it... lol
Old 02-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow. This is one seriously cool build! Love the LS route, I will be doing the same soon. This is an over the top resto for sure and I am glad I found and read it all.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Registered

I figured go big or go home. I had planned on a mild engine build... but then Bob madara and I discussed a few options, now $10k + later here I am. I couldn't let a boring motor live in my boat. I'm finishing up a few details and then it should be off to the dyno.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Yea Bob is the best. I loved working with him on my 540 build. The project i just picked up is an 18' checkmate that Im thinking of dropping a L33 5.3l ho into to keep it semi alpha friendly. Should be interesting. LS motors rock. What you did with that truck intake is great. They are soo fugly stock but are ideal for marine use. I am very interested to see what your dyno numbers are.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 02-09-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Registered

I'm mainly waiting for my plug wires to show up, then some decent weather so I can haul my motor to the dyno. I'm guessing around 450 hp... I'm just excited to hear this monster run finally. Only been a year and a half of work on it... I think I found how to run a stock gm in tank fuel pump on my scarab fuel tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.