Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Bad a$$
be safe
Old 01-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Dash/switch panel looks great and all the polishing work too.
I love shiny bits on a boat

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-12-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It's time for some real progress to start taking place on this project. The boat is back in my shop with all the reconstruction of the cockpit finished and painted.
I weighed the hull and was very surprised that it weighs only 2000 Lbs on the nose as shown in the photo below. This should have the dry weight of the completed project coming in at just below 4000 Lbs. That comes out to a pretty good weight to HP ratio. 0 to 100 mph in a 25' boat in 10 seconds or less may very well be achieved.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Registered

The drive and hydraulic cylinders are mounted. On to the dash and controls.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

john she is coming along nicely I hope it makes suwannee
Old 01-22-2018, 06:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by obrien
john she is coming along nicely I hope it makes suwannee
Thats what I am shooting for. It's going to be close.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Gotta love a dash with an "Afterburner" button! Awesome project!
Old 01-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I guess in this particular situation it made sense to upgrade the Bravo with an Arneson....
Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

This is the coolest project. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Registered

Made some pretty good progress on the project this weekend. I have only three more runs of 10awg wire to run for the cooling fans and the fuel supply pump. Run out of wire today.

In this pic is the starboard battery main disconnect solenoid, the solenoid controller in the middle that only supplies enough voltage to the large solenoid to keep it engaged depending on the draw going through it which keeps it from getting hot in upwards of 180 degrees. The smaller solenoid is to engage the alternator. I found if you connect the alternator as you would on a normal engine it starts to charge when the turbine gets to 15% and put much more strain on the turbine starter and increases the EGT on startup. Yes, I could have changed the regulator in the alternator to a non self exciting regulator but I prefer to cut all power to the alternator. I just like it that way!

This is the port main battery and battery disconnect that's controlled by the same controller on the starboard side. The very large solenoid is the series parallel start solenoid to supply 24 volts to the turbine starter and of course a on-board charger to keep the batteries maintained when the boat is in storage.

Few pics of the helm and cockpit area. The seat is just setting in place so I could make a few emaginary passes and collect my thoughts.

This is in the spacious machinery compartment on the starboard side just in front of the pilot. Mounted on the bulkhead is the fuel lift pump supplying fuel to the turbine at 4 psi and up to 200 gallons per hour. Attached to the lift pump is a primary racor filter with a PMOR 2040 30 micron pre-filter before the fuel goes into the lift pump and the secondary 3 micron filter on the pressure side of the pump before it goes on to the turbine.
In between the pump and the filter is the brake master cylinder with a remote mounted reservoir for the N2 turbine brake for putting the crash-box in and out of forward and reverse.

This is in that same compartment on the port side just ahead of the insane co-pilots seat. From left to right is the gearbox oil filter, gearbox oil reservoir, engine oil reservoir and ahead of that is the fuel to oil cooler for the engine.
The engine oil heat is exchanged with the cool fuel thus cooling the engine oil and heating the fuel for a better automation of the fuel going into the combuster of the turbine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.