Old 11-11-2018, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 283 Posts

Fine job my friend.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Boats covered in gelcoat dust from the cover down, needs a bath before it goes back in the salt.
Thin spots and other issues, the hatch is 100 times better than it was in the beginning of this thread,
At least it fits in the hole.

Last edited by outonsafari; 11-16-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

trapped underneath to get a picture !!! I feel passion from that picture !!!

Nice work !
Old 12-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Registered

Ok in the water today, with indicators this time. Problem is the new dash is too thick for the little spring loaded plastic buttons, they keep popping out.
No problem, bust out the wood lathe and make new ones, a little resin and some custom paint work and nobody's the wiser.

26 foot long cable routed thru port tube and lined up nice with the other cables that all run in pairs

Last edited by outonsafari; 12-19-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:24 PM
Registered

Old 12-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Registered

Great weather today, 74* little wind 1 foot or less chop, boat ran great, the electronic gismos not so much.
With the 23 mirage plus @ 5k the boat goes 66 gps, i can ease the throttle up to 5150 then still have an inch of throw left. Safe to say the 25 mirage plus should be happy.

Boat doesnt like trim, anything past parrallel it starts losing speed, but didnt keep going up,
just tapped it back down.
This is with the engine moved a foot forward, probably be worse if it was located stock, had the option to go 2 feet forward in the beginning of this whole thing but that would've cost minimum 20 gallons of gas and the standing room behind the bolsters.

Boat likes port tab, needs it at anything over 26-2800 rpm all the way up to 5k, into or with the wind.
Not happy about that.

The ducts work, with the wingnuts holding the firewall closed taken off, the air coming in blows it open soon as it hops up on plane.

Have these knock off gopros both with remote, 1 camera wont upload to youtube (settings)
the other 1 only recorded once and it should have been mounted lower

Warning, youll never get these 3 minutes back

Last edited by outonsafari; 12-19-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 283 Posts

Sounds Great Dan. Boat looks awesome. The fun in the video starts at about 1:43.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Dan, thanks again for the cover, if you’re not gaining any speed above neutral with the 3 blade you’re going to need to add a blade. Even though if you’re tach is right you’re under 12 percent slip. Having that port list A lefty prop will help that a ton. I have setup some 23 wellcraft novas that had that exact problem until we went with a lefty, they both had the Propshaft around 5” below the bottom . I have a 25 rev 4 righty and a 24 bravo one righty just let me know and I’ll ship either one to you to try. The rev 4 will give you all the bow lift you would want. I think you’re on the right track.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thank you, want to see a pic of that cover once you get it installed.

In the water today,
1 foot chop, temp maybe 70, tabs full up and a little more trim ran much better, and a little faster.
Not much lean at all, was probably doing something wrong last time, (actually kinda know what i did)
4th time in the water so still have to learn how to drive it, or what it really likes i guess.

Still the camera and mercmonitor fiasco, had 2 cameras test fine and neither recorded when they were needed.
Mercmonitor doesnt show air temp, no beep and scrolling thru it while flushing the engine now its really screwed up,
tri screen to fullscreen and back, think its in night mode now,
video tutorial and real life, one things got nothing to do with the other.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by outonsafari
Thank you, want to see a pic of that cover once you get it installed.

In the water today,
1 foot chop, temp maybe 70, tabs full up and a little more trim ran much better, and a little faster.
Not much lean at all, was probably doing something wrong last time, (actually kinda know what i did)
4th time in the water so still have to learn how to drive it, or what it really likes i guess.

Still the camera and mercmonitor fiasco, had 2 cameras test fine and neither recorded when they were needed.
Mercmonitor doesnt show air temp, no beep and scrolling thru it while flushing the engine now its really screwed up,
tri screen to fullscreen and back, think its in night mode now,
video tutorial and real life, one things got nothing to do with the other.

Merry Christmas
thats good to hear you are figuring it out. Offer stands just let me know if you want to try one of the 4 blades. Would if nothing else help your cruise speed some!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.