Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
HART THROB resto / upgrade >

HART THROB resto / upgrade

Notices

HART THROB resto / upgrade

Old 12-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Thanks mike, ive heard the rev 4 was a good prop and appreciate the offer.
Have a 25 mirage plus going in for some work ( its not tracking 100*) if it holds the engine back at wot
then i can start figuring things out since the 23 mirage plus will over rev
Engines a 496 and tach is mercmonitor so should/better be accurate.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Really Great work!
Old 12-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in Michigan with 4 boats under shrinkwrap. Normally on Sunday I am depressed because the Lions are losing. Today they win big and my depression comes from making it to the end of this thread. Boat is awesome. Fantastic work! Help a brother out, get that gopro working and lets here some more of that exhaust.
Steve
Old 01-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Registered

Default a leak and how i found it.

First off, thumbs up for the above comments, appreciate it.

Spare you the back story on why i didnt want to re install the kplanes, but there they are.
So boat on trailer kplanes hold water when full up, tilt them down a bit to drain, go for a ride forget to lift them and boat needs extra port tab to level off, oops my bad.
Raise them go for a ride, dont need tab, even better.
Come back pull the plug get a cup and a 1/2 of water.
Double check the boat, high and dry, go for a ride come back, same thing, WTF.
Double check the boat, neighbor drives, crawl back there, nothings dripping, come back, same thing, WTF
Line the engine room with towels, stuff the drain holes with rags go for a ride, far outboard starboard towels a little wet, huh no salt stains anywhere WTF, what am i missing.

5th time in for no reason raise the tabs right at the dock, go back to turn on the transom cam look down the duct and there it is, water coming in the only place i thought didnt need sealant, the m-effin kplane indicator cable. Turns out when the tabs are full up the cable is not aligned in the grommet, plus the new cables are a little smaller o.d. than the red jackets.
Pulled it out took it home, pulled the cables, pulled the bolts, all bolts good.

Steamed for 2 days almost took the effin kplanes off and in the effin trash, but cooler heads prevailed, got some good advice, (thanks dan) tabs still on bolt holes cleaned, re sealed re torqued goop everywhere.
tommorow all the brand new cable thru hardware, grommets, clips, retaining nuts and even the cable hole is gonna get overkill filled with the goop.

Thank god every thru hole on the transom got soaked with epoxy before the parts where installed.
On a lighter note, the metal grates got swapped out for the other fiberglass ducts i made, saved 12 1/2 ounces so looking for more speed in 7 days after the goop is fully cured.

The pics are before the disassembly, anyone else think i might as well re check everything else, i gooped the sh*t out of everything (except transom assembly) during installion and thought i had it right.

Last edited by outonsafari; 01-05-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Registered

Ballard park to sebastian inlet and back, 1 lap only because the k plane cable thru hulls are still leaking.

I have one thing to to say to old man 'K' " f -u and the leaky kplanes you rode into town on "

Condition , glass - 6 inches, wind northerly around 8-9, air temp 76. Sunny and awesome

Port kplane stuck in the full up position, f-u mr. K, f-u !

25 mirage plus just back from f&j, confirmed stock, standard finish.

South run at wot 5150-5160 leaning way over to port, need tab but

North run from inlet out in the open, into wind and waves alot less lean more trim ran better

Between the 2 videos air temp in engine room went back down to 76 while at speed
Next time ill run just an temp video to see how long it takes, maybe for laughs a ribbon test on the hatch.

Both videos are north runs, transom cam failed again, even after i went for a swim to turn it on between videos

Last edited by outonsafari; 02-06-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Registered

2nd run north between the causeways at ballard park.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Registered

First pic is here the trim was for the above videos.

Rest of the pics are all about having a head full of bad wiring, and setting the bunks.
Boat has to be loaded on the trailer w/in 1/2 inch everytime or i get no sleep, its even marked.

Last edited by outonsafari; 02-06-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Registered

Great having a friend in the know. Got some good advice, made an adjustment.
Boat settled down and can let it run wot now.

Same location, near identical conditions. cut the test short because port kplane stuck again.
With the wind it leans port, into the wind almost level.
Trim about the same.

Forgot the gps so don't know if speed increased

Thanks dan, you were spot on w/ sympton and cause.

Last edited by outonsafari; 02-09-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Outonsarfari where do you live? You are boating in the same aera we boat?
Old 02-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Registered

Palm Bay wildman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.