Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
Whats the info on the Tiger
-2001 Cigarette Tiger 42’
-Lip Ship Edition
-850 Richie Zuls
-IMCO SCX Drives
-150 hours on new motors, drives, and exhaust

Sharp boat very clean and well taken care of

If you are interested give me a PM and I can get you hooked up with my father.

Last edited by Rossman; 02-26-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:23 PM
Registered

That's a cool project and the rivalry between father and son is awesome! I usually check on your Skater thread to see whats going on, I'll be sure to look here also. I built the bustle on our boat a couple years ago, it was a lot of work but really updated the looks. Whats your email and I'll give you some details.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 111scoundrel View Post
That's a cool project and the rivalry between father and son is awesome! I usually check on your Skater thread to see whats going on, I'll be sure to look here also. I built the bustle on our boat a couple years ago, it was a lot of work but really updated the looks. Whats your email and I'll give you some details.
This is the exact reason I posted the build here aswell! I’m not sure if the skater page is just for new big boats and heavy hitters or what the deal is. There is the exception of the good ole boys (nicepair, TxHawk, etc) but this page seems much more “poor boy do it yourself” Versus “big pocket book buy it now” type fellas. Nothing against them that’s not what I am trying to say at all - I just appreciate the feedback, different ideas, and “I’ve done this before here’s a few pointers” gathered from this website!

email is Ross dickman @ live . com without the spaces. Seems like now a days If you post your info like that on Craigslist or any internet related stuff you get 500 phone calls offering you a free medical brace or a lower credit card rate LOL. Looking forward to hearing from you Scoundrell! Thanks!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
that maroon boat has a great color combo.
Pretty sharp isn’t it? Very simple but it has its own elegance to it. I am quite nervous about how HOT it would get. May need a white stripe down the deck to walk on instead of a hula skirt and hot coals.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 AM
Registered

Sent you two emails, let me know if they go thru.
Rossman likes this.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Registered

Nice work!! Question on the axles......Dexter doesn't recommend using the torsion axle for a triple axle setup. The reason I know is I was about to swap out my spring axles for torsions. Did you speak with anyone to get clarification on this? Also, IIRC a 22.5 degree down has the same ride height as a 7k spring axle. Did you buy 7k or 8k?
Old 02-27-2019, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 111scoundrel View Post
Sent you two emails, let me know if they go thru.
Thanks Rob for the details and pics! Very sharp boat you’ve got
Old 02-27-2019, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by payuppsucker View Post
Nice work!! Question on the axles......Dexter doesn't recommend using the torsion axle for a triple axle setup. The reason I know is I was about to swap out my spring axles for torsions. Did you speak with anyone to get clarification on this? Also, IIRC a 22.5 degree down has the same ride height as a 7k spring axle. Did you buy 7k or 8k?
They are 7K axles. I have not heard about the downside to tri axle torsions. As far as I’m aware all of the new Skater trailers are set up this way. I ordered the 45* angle because there are calipers on the inside and outside persay of the rotor and I thought I needed the extra height to clear my frame rails with the calipers. I believe the max up travel is around 3.5-4” and I don’t want them to bottom out on the trailer. I will probably raise them up and clearance the framrails in the 6 spots they would hit.

Thanks for the input!
payuppsucker likes this.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rossman,
Yeh, the Skater thread has become very "sleepy" over the past year. I am not sure why. There has been some discussion on that thread site about it, but no change??? Very cool boat restore project you have going. Best of luck!
Rossman likes this.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser