Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Stingray 230 LX Engine Swap & Whipple >

Stingray 230 LX Engine Swap & Whipple

Notices

Stingray 230 LX Engine Swap & Whipple

Old 03-24-2022, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your P5x - 25 labbed? I have found that reducing diameter on my 4 blade OB/FX from 15.25 to 14 made the boat more stable. Less stern lift. Curious if you are running the stock 15" diameter of the P5x. I have read a lot of great things about this prop from other boaters too.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe it is untouched. I bought it second hand. Doesn't lift the stern too much, just has a real good iron grip on the water. Unlike my XS, that one you have to drive and trim, but still feels good, the p5x is a lot more predictable.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I didn't say it before, the XS is better all around. The hole shot is amazing for a 4 blade, very little bow lift, can hold plane down to 20.3. Thebp5x is more of a lumber wagon out of the hole. Not a ton of bow lift, just not as fun. Of course my procharger help getting that nose down quick too. I imagine if I vented the p5x like the xs is, it would come out of the hole better. No exhaust, but it still pulls air through the passage. I have the exhaust bellows removed to make sure air can get sucked out freely.