Never again, probably ! >

Never again, probably !

Notices

Never again, probably !

Old 07-16-2020, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I learned behind a 1949 wooden Century we had restored!

These early Nautiques were performers with the 351 in them. Correct Craft used to give our ski club one every year to use as a DEMO boat. We would beat the hell out of them. One of the things I used to love to do is sit on the motor hatch holding the ski pull while we did wash outs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Did you ever put on ski shows ? I remember when I must have been about 7 yrs old there were two small groups of guys and gals who used to put on shows on a Sunday afternoon in the summer time. Damn , all of us kids wanted to be like them what with their Kite skiing , ramp jumps, barefoot , human pyramids 3 people high and don't forget the clowns .
In retrospect it's almost hard to believe that those old woodies were kind heavy compared to modern glass boats and they might have had only a single 165 inboard in relation to their pulling power.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

put some tracking fins on a raceboat, i mean would ya have to slow down for turn 1?
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (07-20-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Registered

Old 07-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by madbouyz
Did you ever put on ski shows ? I remember when I must have been about 7 yrs old there were two small groups of guys and gals who used to put on shows on a Sunday afternoon in the summer time. Damn , all of us kids wanted to be like them what with their Kite skiing , ramp jumps, barefoot , human pyramids 3 people high and don't forget the clowns .
In retrospect it's almost hard to believe that those old woodies were kind heavy compared to modern glass boats and they might have had only a single 165 inboard in relation to their pulling power.
Yes the club would do two sanctioned events a year plus would take the DEMO to local tournaments. On weekends we would get together and just put our own like mini shows on. My friend dad and Uncle used to be Indiana and Michigan state trick ski champs. I am talking when trick skis were wood and only turned up on one end!
Old 08-22-2020, 04:27 PM
Registered

back at it, all ground all cut 2 layers 2 tabs, heres goes nothin

Last edited by outonsafari; 08-22-2020 at 04:30 PM.
HawkX66 (07-13-2021)
Old 08-28-2020, 01:48 PM
Registered

Round 1, Fail, kinda think i know what happened but still confused.
so all ready to go, pour resin mix cabosil extra tools and material on hand, all backed up.
time the mix, plys got a light soak coat , cab goes like butter i mean beautiful.
1st tab goes down but its not liking the bubble roller for some reason,
place the floor pieces down all nice and smooth mix up a qaurt and boom the roller was picking the material up off the ply and trying to roll it up,
the bubble roller lifted it off the ply then let it go only to leave golf ball sized air pockets.
Ok more resin and sqee gee it and pull the resin into the bilge and wipe it up, nope,
air, like it was being pumped in no matter what i tried.
ok time to make lemonade pull off the material throw it in the yard and sqee gee the mess up.
boom go grab some 6 inch tape thats precut just in case pour a 16 mix it up and go, nope will not lay down total fail.

so its a couple qts and a couple yards, no big deal dont care not mad it happens, just have to start over.

oh wait, my mask and cartridges broke from being dis assembled and vacummed out so many times over the last 4 months
because no one has masks, even the fiberglass supplier is out because of the corona ku koos.

that makes me mad plus now im gonna need ice cream and cookies and that means going to publix, rest assured i will be the only one there with out a mask, it will however bring me great joy to watch people do the 5 d's of dodgeball away from me cuz i dont have a mask on and im not social distancing.

this from people who during any other time and with all the other stuff out there like the hiv, the aids, the dengue fever, the bolla bolla, trenchfoot, the rot mouth and so on pass the bottle the dope the needle and the sex around like its the last day on earth, all rubbin and touching eacother all dirty and all lacking personal space, yuck, fu--kin--sa-- va--ges !!

have a nice day, i'll be back on it tomorrow one way or another

The following 5 users liked this post by outonsafari:
Awash (08-28-2020), HawkX66 (07-13-2021), IGetWet (08-28-2020), SUPERSTITIOUS (08-28-2020), tommymonza (07-04-2021)
Old 08-28-2020, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

^^^ The wife and I just had a good laugh at this one! I get looks and sheet from people for not wearing a mask as well. Keep at it Dan!
outonsafari (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
^^^ The wife and I just had a good laugh at this one! I get looks and sheet from people for not wearing a mask as well. Keep at it Dan!
will do, its friday, big night around here i'll be all hopped up on the ice cream and cutting glass in the living room.

commence planetary alignment

tommymonza (07-04-2021)
Old 08-29-2020, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Round 1, Fail, kinda think i know what happened but still confused.
so all ready to go, pour resin mix cabosil extra tools and material on hand, all backed up.
time the mix, plys got a light soak coat , cab goes like butter i mean beautiful.
1st tab goes down but its not liking the bubble roller for some reason,
place the floor pieces down all nice and smooth mix up a qaurt and boom the roller was picking the material up off the ply and trying to roll it up,
the bubble roller lifted it off the ply then let it go only to leave golf ball sized air pockets.
Ok more resin and sqee gee it and pull the resin into the bilge and wipe it up, nope,
air, like it was being pumped in no matter what i tried.
ok time to make lemonade pull off the material throw it in the yard and sqee gee the mess up.
boom go grab some 6 inch tape thats precut just in case pour a 16 mix it up and go, nope will not lay down total fail.

so its a couple qts and a couple yards, no big deal dont care not mad it happens, just have to start over.oh wait, my mask and cartridges broke from being dis assembled and vacummed out so many times over the last 4 months
because no one has masks, even the fiberglass supplier is out because of the corona ku koos.

Why do I get the impression that the printed word has been much sanitized to perfect P C standards over what was REALLY said at the time ?
Old 08-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by madbouyz
Why do I get the impression that the printed word has been much sanitized to perfect P C standards over what was REALLY said at the time ?
it wasnt cleaned that much !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.