Mirage 217 -Bringing it back >

Mirage 217 -Bringing it back

Notices

Mirage 217 -Bringing it back

Old 10-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MirageIntruder View Post
I towed my Mirage 217 no problem with half ton trucks over the years. I had a '04 Titan, '09 Ram Hemi, and a '16 Ram Hemi. My Mirage had a Calkins galvanized tandem axle under it. Towed really nice.

In '18 when I sold the Mirage and got a Nordic 28 Heat with a tri axle, the '16 Ram Hemi towed that no problem either, I just put air bags in the rear springs. (Now I use a 2500 Cummins to tow it)
I was actually pretty surprised, but googling "f150 tow sway" confirms I am not the only one with this issue. Like you, I had a custom galvanised trailer made for it and set up by the manufacturer and have towed at super-highway speeds without issues, the last vehicle being a '98 Durango. It lacked power but no other issues.

Anyway I am pretty hopeful the upgrades will help.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Registered

Anyway onto the boat. Got a call from the mechanic, the electric fuel pump is NFG, so will be ordering a new one. Hopefully that's the main culprit.The mercruiser one is apparently available so should know later this week if things go well.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:40 PM
Registered

Well the fuel pump arrived
He kinda got the engine running, but it won't idle, so more checking is in order.
Along with a few other recommended things, he is starting with checking the injectors to see if there is an issue with one or two.
Probably be a few more days before I know more
Old 11-22-2020, 01:25 PM
Registered

I had a call from the engine guy (while in the midst of setting up xmas lights) that he got all the parts last week and installed it all. Says he has it all running really nice, idling nice, no error codes. But wants me to take it out and run it up to full throttle (as opposed to the garden hose connection) to see how everything else is.

I just have to find a decent winter day and dress warm now
Old 11-22-2020, 01:28 PM
Registered

Looks like I can add pics now

After gelcoat restoration and awaiting the swim platform
Old 04-15-2021, 07:33 PM
Registered

It's been a bit of a wait for the more spring like weather here, but it finally arrived so it was time to start her up.
As promised my engine guy did a nice job. It fired up instantly and sounds good at idle.
Hoping to get some more good weather and do some in-water testing soon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XMqpMFSYH2wgJFRQ9