How to fix a sagging headliner >

How to fix a sagging headliner

Notices

How to fix a sagging headliner

Old 01-05-2021, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
Any recommendations on where to buy headliner fabric? The original was a very light gray fabric with foam backing in a 72" width. I am having trouble finding anything like that. Everything I have found is like trunk liner or a heavy course fabric. I have everything prepped to install the new fabric, I just need to find something nice.
I would stay away from foam backed light weight material. I have seen many different brands of boat that have the same problem you had. My old Velocity had the same problem. My present VR 1 which was refurbished in 2013 has vinyl.

Padraig
Old 01-06-2021, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

I work in the office furniture industry and our company store has hundreds of odd lot/ discontinued/ COM overrun rolls--send me a pm with more specifics and I would be happy to take a look.
The following users liked this post:
93 shooter (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 05:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood
I work in the office furniture industry and our company store has hundreds of odd lot/ discontinued/ COM overrun rolls--send me a pm with more specifics and I would be happy to take a look.
Off topic but which manufacture?
I am an independent installation co in Tulsa OK and do mostly Herman Miller but have experience with most all of them.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Jo-Ann Fabrics has the headliner material.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

When I replaced my headliner I got some material from a audio store that did custom speaker boxes , it was the material that they covered the boxes with I did it 7 years ago and it has held up well
Old 01-06-2021, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

When I was re-doing my headliner I was looking for the exact stuff like in 93 Shooter's link but it wasn't available locally. I wanted that simple, clean easy to maintain look.
The (very talented) gal who was doing our work said that my alternative pick of plain white vinyl would look like chit because when stuck on it would show all of the imperfections and hollows in the glass layup. (remember , the nice side is on the outside and has gelcoat on it)
Instead I went with the mouse fur fabric . It doesn't show any dips or hollows even though people have to be mindful of not trying to use the headliner as some sort of head/hair cleaning tool when they're down below.
It's not exactly what I wanted but it's a good compromise and it's a whole lot less ostentatious than the original 70's era shag carpet that it replaced.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Alwhite00
Jo-Ann Fabrics has the headliner material.
I actually checked there, they had a nice product, but it was only 54" wide and I would need a seam that I don't want to do.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by madbouyz
When I was re-doing my headliner I was looking for the exact stuff like in 93 Shooter's link but it wasn't available locally. I wanted that simple, clean easy to maintain look.
The (very talented) gal who was doing our work said that my alternative pick of plain white vinyl would look like chit because when stuck on it would show all of the imperfections and hollows in the glass layup. (remember , the nice side is on the outside and has gelcoat on it)
Instead I went with the mouse fur fabric . It doesn't show any dips or hollows even though people have to be mindful of not trying to use the headliner as some sort of head/hair cleaning tool when they're down below.
It's not exactly what I wanted but it's a good compromise and it's a whole lot less ostentatious than the original 70's era shag carpet that it replaced.
That's why I'm looking for a foam backed product so it hides the glass texture. For the most part Velocity does a really nice job on the glass and the inside is pretty good if I had to stick vinyl directly to the glass. I found 2 products from Sailrite and have samples coming. They're just not as finished looking as the factory fabric which isn't available anymore.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i've had good luck with yourautotrim.com suede material for head liners. they've got a lot more than suede however.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.