Martins Custom..... >

Martins Custom.....

Notices

Martins Custom.....

Old 11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

too many guys trying to push these big 28s w/ one big engine, and having issues.
would be alot easier w/ 2 500hp sbcs.
plus u got 2 nice drives to easily handle them if you push'em to 600hp.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had 2 500 HP small blocks my mind would be made up already. I would be around the same speed as I would with my single , Poss. a couple mph faster ( maybe )

However my issue with 2 500 HP small blocks is the fact that to build 2 reliable 500 Smalls it would cost me atleast another 10k after buying the parts including around $3,600 for exhaust & that is using the 2 smalls I have now as a start & doing all of the work myself which I would do (excluding the machine work )

I Really wish $$ wans't an issue but in my world it always seems to be....

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 11-03-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

:
Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
I talked to S.M. a couple weeks ago about getting another matching set of dry tails for some Gil manifolds I have & they quoted me $950.00 a piece meaning $1,900 for 1 engine. I knew that they wouldn't be cheap but I wasn't thinking that much.. I will say that the quality of these tails are impresive to say the least ! They probably don't but they feel like they weigh 20 lbs. a piece
Like I said I think $300.00 is a bargin. Send em out !

Here is a pic. of the tails I wanted a match to
well S.M. called me today with there suggestion on my revertion problem, there first sugg. was thrown out the door once I sent them in. I sure feel like I had the bait and switch scam, the price went from 300.00 to a 1000.00 and that was cutting me a deal by trading in my risers. that would put the cost of my exhaust over 3300.00. if I knew this I would have went with cmi's. well looks like I do the extentions myself or sell the set, anyone interested
Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
If I had 2 500 HP small blocks my mind would be made up already. I would be around the same speed as I would with my single , Poss. a couple mph faster ( maybe )

However my issue with 2 500 HP small blocks is the fact that to build 2 reliable 500 Smalls it would cost me atleast another 10k after buying the parts including around $3,600 for exhaust & that is using the 2 smalls I have now as a start & doing all of the work myself which I would do (excluding the machine work )

I Really wish $$ wans't an issue but in my world it always seems to be....
I'd sell the small blocks and the BBC and buy a pair of either 496's or a pair of 6.2's. I was told the saber should be able to hit 80mph with the 6.2's.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Registered

I am supposed to have a good deposit being sent out overnight to me tomorrow on both my small blocks. So there is a good chance they won't make it in the Saber. They will be going to a good home out west & will make their way into a nice Classic offshore.

As for the 6.2's They are not really an option for me. I am not sure what kind of HP they put out from the factory but it will take in the ball park of a good 400 HP per side to get the saber running an honest 80

We will see what happens.....
Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Congrats on the sale. I believe the 6.2's are at 320hp. Its not just the hp, but also the reduction in weight - but I guess I don't have to tell you that. Merc still makes a 377 scorpion, but only gets 340hp. I'm hoping they will come out with a 400hp small block eventually. I recall reading about fountains new 32 that is supposed to have 400hp small blocks.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Thanks..... Now lets hope the deal goes through....

I wasn't exactly sure what the HP was on the 6.2's.

Although I wish it would for my sake but 320 HP a side is not going to get 80 mph. There is a bit of weight reduction in the sbc v/s the bbc but not enough to yeild 80 out of that setup. Even a 640 HP single would be hard pressed to reach 80. However I sure wouldn't mind being wrong on this one...
Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Congrats on the sale. I believe the 6.2's are at 320hp. Its not just the hp, but also the reduction in weight - but I guess I don't have to tell you that. Merc still makes a 377 scorpion, but only gets 340hp. I'm hoping they will come out with a 400hp small block eventually. I recall reading about fountains new 32 that is supposed to have 400hp small blocks.
Where did you read that about the 32 from Fountain?? I'd like to read it...
Thanks, Brad
Old 12-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome
Where did you read that about the 32 from Fountain?? I'd like to read it...
Thanks, Brad
Here ya go - http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=165458

They are still a ways away from a finished 32, but should be pretty neat. They need to make an option for staggered small blocks and a 3 man bolster set up.

Speaking of new boats - when are we going to hear this "news" from saber. Was that just a bunch of BS or what. They haven't built any 28's in a looooooooong time, seems like money down the drain to me. I tried to get an estimate and they said they'd get back with me.................about 6 months ago. It was more of a "down-the-road" idea anyhow.

By the way - do you think 80mph is possible with twin stock small blocks in a 28 saber. Purnell is the one that told me that.

Big news coming from Pantera on a new 28 as well. I really can't wait for that and I know that its in the works because Jo's been patting down customers for cameras before he lets him into the shop. Something tells me it will blow out the competition.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 12-07-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:21 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

80 is very possible w/ a pr of sbc's... 500hp ea!

Quick Reply: Martins Custom.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.