New Project: 28 Saber >

New Project: 28 Saber

Notices

New Project: 28 Saber

Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
New gel would have been great. Without flipping the boat over I don't think I would even attemp it!

For power....what do you think your the only one with something up their sleeve? Nah just kidding the Hp500 will be going back in for a baseline this year. I did pick up a XR and HP gimble though. After I see how she runs/handles with the current power I will then make changes. I was keeping my eye out for a 12" box w/3" rise but haven't seen one yet. That will most likely be next winter's project.
Sounds like a good plan & good call on the XR & gimble.. I will keep my eyes open for you & let you know If I happen to run accross a box that may intrest you..

Yeah I know what you meen about the upside down gel coat thing it can be a killer !!! I had no choice but to do the one I just done that way & wow it was no fun to say the least.. The Imron looks like it turned out nice & should treat you well..
Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered

Hey Rob , you getting any closer to getting in another ride ??
Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Couple more pics. Interior and transom paint done. Turned out great....Russ did a great job again. I also finished fabing up the seat bases. Here they are mocked up in the boat with the fresh paint.
Attached Thumbnails New Project: 28 Saber-saber-040-large-.jpg   New Project: 28 Saber-saber-041-large-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Here is a close up of the seats. Hard to tell from the pics but I went with black and silver carbon vinyl.
Attached Thumbnails New Project: 28 Saber-saber-042-large-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered

Looking really good !! Love the black & love the material on the seats !!

What made you decide to ditch the sitdown's ?? I thought they were real nice looking for sitdowns & I think I probably already said that , however I'm glad you went with the bolsters.. These boats are to just so classic & I'm obviously a bolster fan I really think it suits the boat better !! Not that I may not change my mind one day when I get old & can no longer stand up well, but for now I prefer the option... That & the fact that I probably couldn't see over the dash if I was sitting anyways..
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Send me an email with your reg.#'s & I will make you a nice looking set in silver & black.. I can see them pretty good in post 75 but not sure if those will be your current #'s or the old ones ect.. Also if you have a certain measurment you want that fine but ifnot just give me the minimum on height for your state & I will porportion from there.. I know TN is 3" minimum on height so I usually just go like 3 1/16" orso , just not sure if you guys are the same ??

Or if you want another color other than silver & black thats cool too , just let me know... I have a nice looking fine metalic silver that should match the boat real well & thought you wouldn't mind getting rid of the black mailbox #'s most people use..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 04-15-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered

I'll dig the #'s up. We are a 3" min also. Thanks.

I ditched the sit downs because on my hull the bulkhead and the dash are flush with each other. It just goes straight down. I think on later models you have a bit of a offset where your legs have room to go under the dash a little if needed. Well I need that little bit of room and I really didn't want to cut up the bulkhead just to make room for the seats. Plus a tilt helm would be needed$$$. For the price of the seats I figured I would try them...if they didn't work I'd sell them. Worked out good because a bartered with Russ for paint work and now he gets some nice sitdowns for his Pantera.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

No problem... I'll play around with several differant fonts ect.. & make you something that suits the boat well..

I just looked at some pics. & mine don't go all the way to the floor which as you said would allow for a bit more legroom.. Mine go maybe halfway down & then are carpeted in the cutaway.

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 04-15-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered

Heres a shot showing what you are talking about.. The pic. doesn't show the depth real well but gives a general idea for anybody woundering..
Attached Thumbnails New Project: 28 Saber-dsc01222.jpg  
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A guy local to me has one of the old outboard race boats . He has converted it to a sit down configuration ... and I think the bulk head is a bit further forward on his ? The bulk head was probably further back on the pleasure versions to give a bit more cabin room ?

Quick Reply: New Project: 28 Saber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.