Notices

Official Saber Rally Thread.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Counted.
Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I think I'm gonna try making this. I'll need a 35' slip.

Jay and Lisa. 33 Powerplay
Old 04-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Registered

I'm in. I will need- a slip, or a rack, or a hilo, or just a little space to raft off in.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dan,
I have you marked down. Could you pm me with your email and phone?

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
I'm in. I will need- a slip, or a rack, or a hilo, or just a little space to raft off in.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in
Old 04-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Already had ya marked down.
Originally Posted by hotjava66
in
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Doug is in. He will be camping the week prior to the weekend and will be able to meet us at about noon on Saturday.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is not an official plan, But I'd like to get input. Bill came up with a great idea. On friday evening or sunday afternoon, making a short trip to Muskegon. I'd like to get an idea what would work with everyone schedule. Do most of you plan to come in early on Friday and want to go to Muskegon for dinner, or would you rather leave later on sunday and go to Muskegon for lunch.

I can also see saturday going something like this.... If no one is opposed to waiting for Doug, we leave Grand Haven about noon, head south to Saugatuck 30 mile for lunch. After lunch head north and find a local hang out to raft or beach maybe in one of the lakes along the way.

Do you locals have any suggestions? and are there more sights that you think the people from out of town would like to see? I know the west side of the state has some incredible view, but im not familiar with that area.

People from out of town??? If you have never seen that side of the state it is by far the most beautiful side of the state (in my opinion) Are there any sights that you have always wanted to see that maybe we can make part of this run?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
This is not an official plan, But I'd like to get input. Bill came up with a great idea. On friday evening or sunday afternoon, making a short trip to Muskegon. I'd like to get an idea what would work with everyone schedule. Do most of you plan to come in early on Friday and want to go to Muskegon for dinner, or would you rather leave later on sunday and go to Muskegon for lunch.

I can also see saturday going something like this.... If no one is opposed to waiting for Doug, we leave Grand Haven about noon, head south to Saugatuck 30 mile for lunch. After lunch head north and find a local hang out to raft or beach maybe in one of the lakes along the way.

Do you locals have any suggestions? and are there more sights that you think the people from out of town would like to see? I know the west side of the state has some incredible view, but im not familiar with that area.

People from out of town??? If you have never seen that side of the state it is by far the most beautiful side of the state (in my opinion) Are there any sights that you have always wanted to see that maybe we can make part of this run?
saugatuck is useally a very busy place and rather limited dockage it might be very hard to get a big #of boats in . if you want to head north its cool to go to silver lake sand dunes and anchor and watch all the people tearing up the dunes. white lake is also a good spot just north of muskegon and they have a few more marinas to acomodate a larger group. but please no trips to hanky pank
Old 04-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. no trips to hanky pank! As of now if I am able to I plan on coming on Fri and leave about noon on Sun. Hopefully the lake doesn't get too out of control because springlake is a suck ass no wake zone...
Old 04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Muskegon is a very short trip from Gr Haven. 10mins or so.
Saugatuck is a nice area along with South Haven which isnt much further. Holland is on the way back about 20 miles south of Grand Haven. Also a nice little lake called Pigeon Lake is between Gr Haven and Holland, very clean water with a small beach. Going north, as mentioned white lake is nice. Silver lake is probably about a hour drive at least from Grand Haven. Farther north is Pentwater which is a beautiful area one of my favorites. Lots of options just depends how much fuel everyone wants to burn. The only bad thing about Lake Mi is there really isnt anywhere you can drive your boat up on to shore to park and hang out. Lake temp never gets too much over 70 degrees either. Along the way you will see many spots where several boats are achored off. I just hope the noise police around here doesn't hassle anyone, you never know what kind of mood there going to be in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.