lets keep this thread going
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else with a 26' Scarab-wed_poker_run_test.jpg  
Old 11-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else with a 26' Scarab

Originally Posted by 26scarab
Jay,
In my opinion the shorty isn't doing you any good, not without an extention box. I tried one and lost MPH but gained a really cool rooster tail .
If that motor is truly making 582hp , I'd guess you would see mid 70's.

Where were you when my boat was for sale this summer ?!?!
What would I have to shell out for an extention box?
As far as your boat this summer, that was probably before I found this forum. And besides mine was easy, it was in my town already and they took my Corvette in on trade.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

I have run all the numbers before , extention box, steering (need full hyd. ), brackets, etc. it's been a while but I think it was around $3500-4000 by the time your done. I could be off and if you find stuff used I'm sure it could be less.
Then another thing is do you use a Stellings which requires a solid jackshaft with u joints from the flywheel to the drive, no more coupler which absorbs some shock and helps keep the drive from breaking.
Or go the Imco route with the torsional shaft which does help save drives , only thing with this is if you go with an offset box (no reason to go with a neutral) you will have to raise the motor. Didn't want to do that.
At that point I decided that I was done with trying to make the boat go faster, I had attained my goal of 80 and didn't want to spend anymore money in this project. If I want to go faster it will be in a different boat.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Registered

Been looking at props lately, currently running a 23p mirage, stock 502. Noticing that a lot of the descriptions on mfg's websites mention props working better for hulls having or not having "good natural bow lift". Do our boats have good natural lift? I have been looking at hydromotive 4 blades and mercruiser bravo 1 4 blades... anyone have thoughts or opinions??? Or what about a custom 3blade? Read somewhere that a good 3 blade is better for top end.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

Hi guys..
I have just bought a 87 Scarab Excel with 350 Mag, and the boat is being updated this winter. Rebuilt engine, and new electrical system.

Anyone else with similar boat?

Regards Fr@nk
Old 12-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Registered

I hope when I sell mine next year I come out even and I will be happy.[/QUOTE]

What kind of boat are you going to get are you going to stick with Scarab or are you going for a Cig.

D
Old 12-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kyoung
Been looking at props lately, currently running a 23p mirage, stock 502. Noticing that a lot of the descriptions on mfg's websites mention props working better for hulls having or not having "good natural bow lift". Do our boats have good natural lift? I have been looking at hydromotive 4 blades and mercruiser bravo 1 4 blades... anyone have thoughts or opinions??? Or what about a custom 3blade? Read somewhere that a good 3 blade is better for top end.
I've found with the stock 502efi that the 25pitch worked best. I'm currently running a Bravo1 4 blade, but I notice alot more side torque because of the narrow hull. Especially when getting out of the throttle coming to a NO WAKE area. I've been looking for a used 25p at the right price. Both the props were bone stockwhen I tried them, butI'm hoping a few tweaks at the prop at the propshop should help.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

just doing my part to keep this thread going. wishing it was summer and begrudgingly wishing you all happy holidays.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else with a 26' Scarab-sideview.jpg  
Old 12-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Registered

Wishing it was summer here in Norway too. I've been in a boat today and it was cold. It's just a few month's and the fun begins.
Happy holidays..
Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered

Hows everybodies winter? Sucks down here in Louisiana where its usually nice and warm yr round but not this year. I was wondering if anyone was knowledgeble on the hull of the 26 scarab, what the degree of the V is and an explination of a pad and does this boat have one.

Quick Reply: Anyone else with a 26' Scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.