Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab >

WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab

Notices

WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab

Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I just called on a 96 22ft Scarab and the guy sold it for 11K. When I price these boats, it appears that there is little consistency in pricing, even wtih NADA. It's hard to compare apples to apples when looking for a boat because of so manyu variables.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or, even better yet, if anyone wants to sell, let me know as I am a cash buyer!!

-Steve
Old 06-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Hi Steve,

Have you seen this one. Looks clean, I don't know anything about the boat just saw your thread today and saw the boat a few days ago.

http://www.abwatersports.com/usedinv.html

I purchased a new 22 Scarab in 97'. was the best boat I have ever owned. Mine had the Mean Street Graphics and a 454.

Good Luck!

Speed
Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Speed,

Thanks for the link to the boat. I sent them an inquiry so we'll see what they have to say. What would you say a fair price would be for this boat? Any pros/cons with the big block engine it comes with? Maybe with the current gas situation, it will drive the price down a bit.

-Steve
Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 47pilotsteve
Speed,

Thanks for the link to the boat. I sent them an inquiry so we'll see what they have to say. What would you say a fair price would be for this boat? Any pros/cons with the big block engine it comes with? Maybe with the current gas situation, it will drive the price down a bit.

-Steve
There are 3 scarab 22's on ebay.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Prostreeter
There are 3 scarab 22's on ebay.

Yeah, I saw that and spoke with the sellers. One guy wants 15K and the other 17K. When I do the NADA, it suggests just under 10K. Also, there was that 1996 22ft Scarab that sold 3 days ago for 11K and was much cleaner than those on eBay right now.

I'm talking to a guy right now about his 22 Scarab and things look good. What helps is that I am a cash buyer and a lot of these people wait on potential buyers to secure financing. I spoke with the company that is refered to a few posts prior and they want 19K for theirs. It just seems like a lot for an older boat and a sport boat at that.

Does anyone ever actually go under the bow section to lay down? I thought that was kinda funny because there doesn't seem to be much room.

I'm excited to find the right boat. I even emailed the guy on eBay with the 18ft Scarab sprint....it only has a 4 banger, but it looks clean. I don't have the time to replace with a V6. Also, there is more room on the 22 for my wife to lay out.

Thanks guys for the referrals...all help is certainly appreciated.

-Steve
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Registered

Don't use NADA as a boat value reference guide.Try and locate the Bucbook.This is a watercraft specific valuation.

BTW...I was going to buy a 1997 Scarab 22 last summer in Missouri.The boat was represented to be in excellent condition with a supercharged 454.He was asking 20k.Drove clear the hell out to Missouri for a lake trial.5 minutes in the the ride the motor blows from going too lean.I was really pissed for a wasted trip (600 miles one way) but in the end it worked out for the better.

I found my current boat,the boat I've always wanted at a pretty good price.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody goes under the bow to lay down. It's too tight. It is big enough to escape in case of a thunderstorm though.

I agree with Prostreeter on the price. I think I have the cleanest 96 around and I wouldn't let it go for less than 15K(not that I am selling it yet).

I would stay away from the 18' Sprint especially if your wife likes to lay out. The 22 has a nice sized sunpad...the Sprint does not.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Nobody goes under the bow to lay down. It's too tight. It is big enough to escape in case of a thunderstorm though.

I agree with Prostreeter on the price. I think I have the cleanest 96 around and I wouldn't let it go for less than 15K(not that I am selling it yet).

I would stay away from the 18' Sprint especially if your wife likes to lay out. The 22 has a nice sized sunpad...the Sprint does not.
I actually slept in mine(91 21 excel) one night,I was to drunk to put it on the trailer and take it home. It really was not that bad for 2 people As long as you don't sit up to fast you will be OK. I know the 21 and the 22 are two diff breeds but are they that diff in the stabin cabin?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I actually slept in mine(91 21 excel) one night,I was to drunk to put it on the trailer and take it home. It really was not that bad for 2 people As long as you don't sit up to fast you will be OK. I know the 21 and the 22 are two diff breeds but are they that diff in the stabin cabin?
Great story..I guess it would be suited for a good "pass-out" but I wouldn't want to hang out there too long!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Great story..I guess it would be suited for a good "pass-out" but I wouldn't want to hang out there too long!
I forgot it was also october so it was a rare 60* that night i was actually kind of cold. But hey it beats a Dwi.

Quick Reply: WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.