1996 38 Scarab Cheap >

1996 38 Scarab Cheap

Notices

1996 38 Scarab Cheap

Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starseed-6
Hi guys. I've been looking at a boat listed as a 93 Scarab 31' Fittipaldi. Nice boat, but I can't find any references to a 31' Fittipaldi - the references that I can find are for a 91 34' model. Can anyone shed any light? And what are these going for at the moment anyhow? Thanks!
Thats my old boat. I owned it fron 10/01 to 4/07. It was a reliable boat, ran pretty fast (68-72 mph) was a little rough cosmetically, but never a good boat none the less. It has a Kevlar Hull.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michael: This is a black hull with a red stripe - is that the one? Can you give me some history on it? Is there actually such a thing as a 93 Fittipaldi 31'? Wellcraft only lists a 91 34' as a "Fittipaldi" model. I'm a bit confused!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is acually another identical boat in Minnisota. It is acually black on the bottom and the sides are acually charcoal grey. The boat was originally sold from Millers Landing in Newport Beach. The original owner died on the boat off the coast in Laguna beach and it almost sunk at that time. The second owner, a real character ,Corky, bought it in 1997 and continued it's trashing. I bought it in 2001 for $42k and invested another $25k over the next 3 years. In 2003 I bought a pair of 50 hour motors from Dave Anderson a member her on OSO and the boat ran pretty much trouble free for the next 4 years. I sold it 2 years ago because I always wanted a 38' and cosmetically it wasn't as clean as I like. I sold it to a couple in Irvine (down the road from where my 38' came from) and he sold it a year later (his wife sadly got sick and passed away just recently). Supposedly it's last owner lived(lives?) in Fallbrook.