Scarab 22 Trim tabs/stability >

Scarab 22 Trim tabs/stability

Notices

Scarab 22 Trim tabs/stability

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Scarab 22 Trim tabs/stability

I have done searches with minimal results so was wondering if anyone has played around with different trim tabs on a scarab 22? Right now I am running in the 79-80mph range and the boat is very unstable at wot. Still have the stock steering but just replaced the helm, rack and cable with the latest Teleflex Extreme system and haven't tried it yet hopefully this weekend. I was talking with a guy from Wellcraft that helped design the 22 and saying hydraulic steering is not manditory as the problem is the spray from the nose is spraying past (outside) the back of the boat causing the loss of support to the stern causing chine walk. So.. after this long ass story I was wondering if anyone has played with different trim tabs or has a stable Scarab 22 that runs in the low 80's and what is their combination is. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set off electric tabs, and i really never use them but it makes the boat seam toride like a bigger boat and 1 foot on the stern makes a big differnce in big water . I am running about the same speed with hp 465 with some work and 1 inch shorty on it and drew marine side winders runs real stable at speed
Old 05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Registered

No one else?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered

I have the Eddie Marine Sport tabs on my 22, makes the boat jump on plane with weight in the boat, makes the ride more stabil and helps the boat take on bigger water with ease.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM

Default Trim Tabs

I have Lenco 12x12 Sport tabs on 97 scarab 22. Made A big difference in rough water and getting on step.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. I will be looking into some different tabs and see what happens. Any tabs that are better than others or does any particular brand have better customer service? Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

What prop are you running? Modern props probably generate too much stern lift for your boat and it's riding too high at speed. Getting a prop with less lift will really help stability without really affecting top end. I've got the same problem on my SCS, it really likes to dance at the top end.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put K plane 110's on my 97 22'. I did it thinking it would come ot of the hole better. They looked great but I don't think I would do it again. I found that going to a 4 blade Bravo helped the most. I would want hydraulic steering. Doug