Fuel Fumes after filling >

Fuel Fumes after filling

Notices

Fuel Fumes after filling

Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Fumes after filling

I get some fumes in the boat after putting in fuel. It doesnt happen only when filling completely but when close to full. It goes away eventually but will stick around most of the first trip after the pump. I have checked everywhere for the source and cant seem to locate it. The bilge area usually has no fumes and the after pulling the plug any water coming out seems fine.
I was going to replace the tank seal for the sender, and hose conections. Anyone know where to get the seals and hoses?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

hows the fill hose
Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

I took a quick look in the at the fill hose, vent hose, and fuel gauge sender area and really didnt see anything. I am pretty positive that there is no fuel leaking into the bilge area from the engine. It would seem that it would be happening all the time not just after I add fuel. I also check the bilge water after I have the fumes and nothing. I regularly lift the engine pad but no real smell there, it always seems to be a general slight smell in the boat with no specific location.

This is why I was wondering about the hoses being old and deteriorating at the connection or the sender gasket being bad.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Time to let some one else check the boat beside yourself - not saying you are not up to the task but different eyes might spot or catch something you did not . Also time to buy a sniffer that runs all the time when you are running the boat. No time to cheap this out with your family or friends on the boat.. You could have a floating bomb!!!! Good luck .

Jim
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Gold Member

Default fuel leak

I had a small pin hole in the bottom of of my fuel fill hose only leaked when i filled up.