Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
new to me scarab 22 >

new to me scarab 22

Notices

new to me scarab 22

Old 03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to run a labbed 25 pitch Mirage Plus on my 96. Like Scarabman said it was a balancing act to keep it on the pad. I tried a 28 P 4 blade and the boat was much better handling, but a bit slower , as I didn't have the power to push it (502MPI) .
I would stick with a 4 blade if you are running in the 80's with that boat. It basically comes down to is if you are at your peak rpm with the prop your running. If it is leave it alone.
If you go to the stern and look at the bottom of the boat (below the drive) ,you will see a somewhat flat area in the center about 8-12" wide, that runs forward. That is the pad.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 41
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Revd Up
I used to run a labbed 25 pitch Mirage Plus on my 96. Like Scarabman said it was a balancing act to keep it on the pad. I tried a 28 P 4 blade and the boat was much better handling, but a bit slower , as I didn't have the power to push it (502MPI) .
I would stick with a 4 blade if you are running in the 80's with that boat. It basically comes down to is if you are at your peak rpm with the prop your running. If it is leave it alone.
If you go to the stern and look at the bottom of the boat (below the drive) ,you will see a somewhat flat area in the center about 8-12" wide, that runs forward. That is the pad.
Thanks Revd

I don't think i will be pushing this boat to that speed as my buddy said it was chime walking pretty bad but he stayed it in racing a big twin local boat. guy with the twin was po'd that this little single was pulling him after he spent a TON of money getting the engines done up. anyways, I appreciate the advice. will be taking it out in a couple weeks after I get some things done to it as I am too anal to just get it in the water and run it without going thru everything