Old school staggered scarab 377

Old 08-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

She's a BEAUT CLARK!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the color paint on the motors is correct, they look like out of the box Crusader's. I thought all 502's had the cast ribbed valve covers.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

At least you can go to Home Depot to freshen up the exhaust!
Old 08-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I just ran the guys ad thru my Bull $**** compiler 3000 and this is what it computed.

My loss, your gain. (My verbal loss, your real loss)
Clearing out my warehouse and selling my Scarab 377 go fast cigarette boat, cheap! (Getting rid of my rotting junk)
All white hull in perfect condition. (Except for the gouges in the bottom from running it up on the beach)
Matching white naugahide seating and bikini pad. (sorry no cushions for the “bikini pad”, the mice ate it all)
This model has the classic Scarab wing. (wings make you go faster)
Same model as used on the Miami Vice TV show. (If you squint and you’re a dumb a$$)
Crockets rocket! This one was updated from the stock 454 engines to a pr. of chevy 502 engines!! (in 1987)
Less than 200 hrs on rebuilt motors. (The engines were replaced with 2000 hr 330 hp cruiser motors in 1987)
These are the BIG HP 502`s with the special GM high rise alum marine manifold and the BIG rectangular heads!! Big Comp cam installed at rebuild. (my buddies all say that 330 HP is UGE for a beast like this, they all said that 50 mph is flying)
One engine starts and runs perfect, The other will not turn over. probably will need a rebuild, but could just be a stuck startter. (sych, the motor is hydrolocked when a valve let loose and punched a hole in the piston)
Ran when stored and winterized! (20 years ago)
Price dropped from$19900.00 to $15000.00 due to unexpected engine problem. You fix and save big$$$$$!!!! (You fix and spend HUGE $$$$$!!!!)
No time to mess with it. (I think it’s a POS that is not worth my time, and want to pass it off to another sucker)
Staggered engines and thru transom wet exhaust. Custom interior!! Triple axle trailer included.. (needs tires, brakes, winch cable, lights, new bunks)
Tow it anywhere and go boating. (you can go boating with one engine REALLY!!!)
This is a project boat that probably will not need a lot to get it going again. (just kidding, it will need 20,000 to get it running again and it will still only be worth $15000)
Buy it as is for $15,000.0 or with a deposit I will hire a mechanic to get it running and sell for $19,900.00 and you can pick it up ready to launch. (the $4900 only covers the cost a another junkyard 502, it will cost extra to install it)
Your choice. If you are mechanical or have a mechanic buddy, save yourself a bunch and take it as is. (I hope your stupid and will bite)
Mercruiser TRS outdrives, the port side outdrive was replaced last year.(just kidding, it was replaced 20 years ago when I ran it up on the rocks)
NEW! Less than 200 hrs on rebuilt 502 engines!! $15,000.00 is well under the selling price of most every other Wellcraft 38 ft long Scarab anywhere!! An older 377(1977) just sold for $32,000.00!! (even though the owner just spent $50000.00 redoing it)
Even the varnish work on the teak is brand new!! (well it was 20 years ago when the pictures were taken) [/COLOR]
Triple axle trailer with surge brakes. I WILL discount the boat down to $15000.00 including the trailer. $15,000.00 is the value of the two 502 engines alone!! (to a idiot who doesn’t know anything about boats)
$15,000.00 with trailer
V berth for sleeping, newer interior upholstery below deck. (a long long time ago )Private enclosed head!! Built in refer.. (dude I smoked a ton of that $hit when I wrote this ad)
Take it to the lake and play today. (actually in a couple years and several thousands of dollars later)
Even the batteries are fresh. (I cleaned the tops with baking soda to make them shinny, but no they haven’t been charged in 3 years)
Not, $100,000 Not $65,000. $15,000.00 gets you out playing with the big boys!! NO TRADES!! (I don’t want your POS)
, I already have too much stuff. (I already have too much garbage)
Trying to clean out the storage warehouse. My loss, your gain. (Ill keep saying gain to make you think your getting a smoking deal)
Questions or to make an appointment to see it call Dennis at show contact info . I will make it available for inspection, bring your own surveyor or inspect it yourself.( JK no I wont let a surveyor look at it, he will tell you to run away after he sees the rotten stringers, transom and floor)
It is stored indoors. (In the summer so I don’t get a ticket otherwise it sits outside all winter long uncovered)
This is a price drop of $5000.00 to buy it now. Hook up and tow it away tomorrow. (get this POS out of my driveway)
Old 09-29-2020, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Bringing this back up because I think this boat is for sale now in Three Rivers, MI right next to kalamazoo. I was going to go look at it until I read this thread, does this look familiar to anybody who has participated in this thread? Ad says it has 502's and one needs new rings. Also says one new outdrive.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

OK Ill be your Huckelberry. This guy was asking $15K 4 years ago. Maybe asking price is subject ot inflation because he now wants $16k. Lets play dumb. cost to rebuild a 502. I would guess about $5k I just spent $3800 getting my 454 rebuilt with a new crank I supplied the pistons and had the rods redone years ago. Heads would be minimum 1000 no pics of the engines to get a good idea of how trashed the engine compartment is. So now your into this boat for 20K. lets take a look at the interior. the cabin has been stripped and carpet glued in place. not very nice. Lets also include the cost to get it ready for the water. new bellows, sea water impellers, raw water hoses bilge pumps and float switch. rebuild the carbs, tune up 700 and thats doing the work yourself. So in the end if you do it all yourself, you wind up spending $23-24K just to get the boat running and water ready. rather look at this boat 7179110882.html This one looks hoist kept, rebuilt engines and running and nice original cabin and cockpit upholstery.