Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
93 to 95 scarab advise needed ASAP >

93 to 95 scarab advise needed ASAP

93 to 95 scarab advise needed ASAP

Old 01-19-2020, 09:27 PM
Registered

Default 93 to 95 scarab advise needed ASAP

I am looking at a 31 scarab but I am not familiar with this model . Can anyone that knows the 90s model help me with areas to check for being soft, cracked ,rotted ect. Or any other areas that I should check ?
So far all that I know is it has twin motors , bravo drives with 26 four blade props. ( I'm assuming 502s)
its got teal yellow and purple graphics, no bottom paint and a venture tri axle trailer
any feedback is much appreciated! Thanks !
Old 01-20-2020, 01:15 PM
Registered

Where is the boat, local to Brick? If you post a pic or 2, I may know it. Check the transom, stringers, cockpit floor in front of rear seat, and cabin floor just inside entry. There should also be a couple inspection hatches in the floor in a few places, you could pop them up and see what you can?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:45 PM
Registered

I'll be out of town for a few , I'll get some pics when I get back. Thx for the info. I assume transom and stringers are something to check on any boat. I just wasn't sure if this specific model has its own trouble areas. Are you familiar with the 30 Ft INSANITY out of KURTS MARINE ?
Old 01-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Registered

Not sure by name Insanity, but I know a few 30s in the area, so pics might help. Havent been past Kurts in a bit. Is the boat out front or in the fenced yard out back?

Yes true, transom and stringers on any boat. Cockpit and cabin floors, as well as rear seats in older Scarabs are relatively common problem spots