Voting in mill!

Notices

Voting in mill!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Voting in mill!

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Looking forward to hearing the numbers on this boat as well.
I could see owning one of those with an open cockpit.
Tantrum, how is the AMT running??? I still want to see that boat in person some time.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
24SkaterVA, where do you boat?? I just noticed your screen name, I am assuming the VA is for Virginia I boat on the Potomac, it would be cool to see another skater on that river. You can normally find me at Fairview with a few other twin O/B cats, and V-Hulls.
I usually hang out in the tidewater area, although I am planning a couple trips up your way this summer. I have some friends that hang out at Kent & Arrow(sp). They told me it is an absolute blast up there. You don't happen to run around w/ a red Talon & a Warlock do you. Wheres Fairview & whats it like up there.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA
I usually hang out in the tidewater area, although I am planning a couple trips up your way this summer. I have some friends that hang out at Kent & Arrow(sp). They told me it is an absolute blast up there. You don't happen to run around w/ a red Talon & a Warlock do you. Wheres Fairview & whats it like up there.
Fairview is very close to Fredericksburg, VA. Its basically a sand bar where about 200 boats can be found on a summer day. Their are 2 Talons, one is a 25 with twin 2.5's (Ron Tauth's), the other is a 22 with a single 300. Their is a 25 warlock with a single blower motor but he was broken most of last year. We do have quite a few performance boats that hang out here. The fastest being a 31 Awesome with 1000hp blower motors, he also owns a 30 spectre with 300x's.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

I've met Ron several times, he usually comes down my way once or twice a year. I almost bought Charlie's yellow Talon several years ago, when Charlie still owned it. That boat is in Richmond now. I also met Dave (I think) w/ the Warlock (super quiet & 130mph) a couple times. Sounds like I need to make a road trip up there this summer, & you guys need to make one down this way. If you talk to Ron tell him they have totally redone the marina & hotel on the Chickahomony & from what I hear & have seen it's really nice.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered

I see Ron just about every weekend in the summer. I did the Richmond Poker Run last year, and plan to do it this year as well. Thats a great poker run if you have never done it before. What river do you boat on?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

I usually boat on the lower James around Hampton & Norfolk, & on the Chickahomony. I just talked to a close friend that lives in Colonial Beach, he said Fairview is @ 20 miles upriver from him & i was planning on taking a trip up there this summer, so now I got somewhere to go.

PM Sent

Last edited by 24skaterVA; 02-16-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racesdad
42MTI YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR PETER HLEDIN THEN IN A RANDY SCISM ARTICLE,EVEN RANDY GIVES THE MAN PROPS ON TEACHING THEM ALOT
MIKE
I was looking for something in print on this subject,and was able to find an old Powerboat magazine article that may help.The issue is "The End of an Era" a tribute to Bob Nordskog. September 1992.The article-Party Crashers. In the article by Mark Spencer it describes the Victory Team and Randy coming to Sarasota for the race on July 3 that year.Randy was throttleing the Victory 43 cat "which is a modified 40' Skater design" The article goes on to say, because of an eight month backlog of orders at Douglas Marine, and because the Sheikhs don't like to wait, Randy's boss Sheikh Mana "sent Scism and some other team members to the Skater factory to learn what secrets Hledin would release. Having never built a boat before, they returned to Dubai knowing how to lay up and vacuum bag strong light hulls and went to work. One of the early hulls was a 28' design that Hledin drew up and the rest were variations of Skaters." That article is about Victory Team coming over to race (and win) in the US with their Dubai built boats. To say Randy has taken what works and made it better, while discarding what does not, is accurate. And when Gary came along the rigging went over the top. Now they have taken all of this even further.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sneaky towel head sheik and Randy the traitor...real nice....Sean H forgot to tell us about this.....imagine that....I thought all the mti guys said he did not steal anything.....what do you call this ....coming over here with a bunch of inner traitors.....Randy ...nice guy.....whatever.....and him and peter are friends......yea OK........nice article Rvrcat28........