Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
What's the story on this one? >

What's the story on this one?

Notices

What's the story on this one?

Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What's the story on this one?

I started getting interested in diesel sport boats years ago. I had been researching cummins for a while, and I found out the diesel nationals were in out at the track in Houston, we went and I'll post some pics later. The guys racing are going really primative with the motors compared to what most are trying to do with offshore, and I personally thisk a year of track passes/tractor pulling with the same motor and no rebuilds is harder on a diesel then running in an offshore. These guys were brutal to their motors... one guy drove his truck from like Maine, and the only change he did before he ran at the track was a set of slicks. I don't remember the time but it was damn impressive.. I'll post some pictures of the "primative stuff" I am taling about later.
most don't have ported heads, and have what I assume to be very restricted airflow.

Ernie

oh and as for your question, I'm still researching, but I'm gonna build the motors.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Curtis are you going to the Miami Boat Show? I have a relative to stay with down there, and haven't decided whether to go or not. My wife says I'm not going to buy anything, so is it worth it just to look at all the new "stuff" of are there any diesels there?

Ernie
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent been to show in years. In the past there is only big diesel stuff for the sport fisherman etc.

Hopefully someone will come out with something soon. It doesnt seem that hard to marinize one of these dudes, just getting into the computer.

Curtis
Old 01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are "rumored" to be a few people displaying at the show with the modified duramax engines.

Come Feb. we will see.

Yanmar has a booth. Cumins, Cat, etc. Never know what will be outside in the tent.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

here are some pictures of the motors.... the intakes are home depot stuff and aren't even flowing well, but with 80+ lbs of boost I guess it doesn't matter in the 1/4.. but running for long distances, this will cause really high egt's
Attached Thumbnails What's the story on this one?-greentruck.jpg   What's the story on this one?-greentruck-3-.jpg   What's the story on this one?-greentruck-4-.jpg  

Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

more of that truck
Attached Thumbnails What's the story on this one?-greentruck-2-.jpg   What's the story on this one?-greentruck.jpg   What's the story on this one?-greentruck-5-.jpg  

Old 01-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered

this is a "professional" puller motor
Attached Thumbnails What's the story on this one?-puller-4-.jpg   What's the story on this one?-puller-3-.jpg   What's the story on this one?-puller-1-.jpg  

Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

here is the real deal a full dragster with a 24 valve motor, computer ect.
Attached Thumbnails What's the story on this one?-dragster-1-.jpg   What's the story on this one?-dragster-2-.jpg   What's the story on this one?-dragster.gif  

Old 01-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the smoke, how ya gonna keep the stern clean ?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

that is when it is laoded up and they are dumping the fuel to it... they clean up pretty good by half track.... if I do this there will be some pissed off environmentalist though... and I'll use an underwater exhaust exit.. most of the smoke will end up in the lake.. "clear lake" isn't clear anyways...

btw: there is a 38 fountain in OSO classifieds with cummins in it, but they are bone stock... like 300 hp I think

Ernie

Quick Reply: What's the story on this one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.