Notices

40' Flat Deck refit/repair with pics

Old 02-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Menace
That is just nasty.

OUCH !
Yeah, that was no fun. But if it didn't happen, I wouldn't be doing any of this.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Menace
That is just nasty.

OUCH !
No this is a OOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 40' Flat Deck refit/repair with pics-chicago-poker-run-07-019.jpg  
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Froggystyle
The first thing we started sanding on was the transom after de-rigging the whole boat...

One of the things we are hoping to accomplish is to have a much smoother surface than it was when we got it. There is just a ton of transfer on the boat, and sanding it back down to parade rest will get rid of most of it...

Thinking about calling Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs" for this one... This thing dwarfs even my spray booth on the trailer... It will fit in by inches, but we are going to build a shelter in the front of it so I can move around while I am spraying it...

This picture comes under the heading of "What the hell?"

There was a ton of paint on this boat, and as we got a little further down we could pretty clearly make out "Wolverine" and have a pretty good idea of what this boat may have been previously called...

Last chance Erik... you sure you don't want to leave it?

Nice job guys , finally got the pics opened (blonde moment) keep us posted and need more pics
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Good work!

I think you are doing the right thing as well- if you didn't post there would be speculation and a stigma (say it ani't so on OSO..) on how it was repaired the rest of the boats life..
Believe me, we are cutting NO corners.....
Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Good work!

I think you are doing the right thing as well- if you didn't post there would be speculation and a stigma (say it ani't so on OSO..) on how it was repaired the rest of the boats life..

I put a lifetime warranty on that repair.

The boat is more likely to fail than it is.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

That was the 40 at Ocean Performance that had the American Flag graphics owned by a furniture store owner in Connecticut. The boat was then painted by Ocean Performnce x men grafix. I looked at this boat myself a while back.

Was wondering what happened to that boat. Another 40 Skater flatdeck had been on the rocks in havasu also? It had brown filler under the front sponson and had yellow and black graphics??
Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
That was the 40 at Ocean Performance that had the American Flag graphics owned by a furniture store owner in Connecticut. The boat was then painted by Ocean Performnce x men grafix. I looked at this boat myself a while back.

Was wondering what happened to that boat. Another 40 Skater flatdeck had been on the rocks in havasu also? It had brown filler under the front sponson and had yellow and black graphics??
I'm not sure about the other one in Havasu. This happened at Lake Mead. We have gone thru almost 99% of the running gear on this boat and have replaced EVERY braided line and hose. It was in rough shape when I got it. Motors, trannys, and both Number 6's, all refurbished to like new. With the paint and the re-rig, we should have a close to new Skater. It's been a long road.......
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Very Nice boat best of luck!! It will be very nice when u are done!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Registered

Default skater repair

Flatdeck40 where on Lake Mead did this happen? I go there a lot and want to know where to watch out. How fast where you going when this happened?. Let me know how the pant turns out. I am still trying to decide what to do with mine. Remember I was the guy that bought AJ's Colorful 2006 36 Skater. I have also been rerigging the boat and updating intercoolers, changing dash layout etc. Doing a boat test tomorrow to see how well they set up ECU's for Quad Whipples. Has Trident painted many Skaters before or other big boats? Sure looks like they do quality work. Good luck. I might be interested in talking with them about mine.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bripar77
Flatdeck40 where on Lake Mead did this happen? I go there a lot and want to know where to watch out. How fast where you going when this happened?. Let me know how the pant turns out. I am still trying to decide what to do with mine. Remember I was the guy that bought AJ's Colorful 2006 36 Skater. I have also been rerigging the boat and updating intercoolers, changing dash layout etc. Doing a boat test tomorrow to see how well they set up ECU's for Quad Whipples. Has Trident painted many Skaters before or other big boats? Sure looks like they do quality work. Good luck. I might be interested in talking with them about mine.
You know, that was the first time I was there so I don't know land marks or the lake very well(obviously). We launched out of Las Vegas Marina, turned a little left, and the middle of the f**king lake I hit it. To be fair, it was extremely windy and the white caps were blending in with the white bouys. Another guy in our group hit the same rock later in the day. Did you get the new cupra nickel cores? Cheap, aren't they! Wes will chime in and you can talk to him about your boat. As for Skaters, I think mine is a first for them. With the quality of jobs I have seen as I walk around the shop, I have no doubt it will come out perfect.

Quick Reply: 40' Flat Deck refit/repair with pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.