Looking for 36' or 40' skater under 100k >

Looking for 36' or 40' skater under 100k

Notices

Looking for 36' or 40' skater under 100k

Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
No, I'm saying it's been avaiable for a very long time and for good reason. Not only does it have some questionable custom body work done on it, it also belongs to one of the biggest jokes OSO has ever delt with... Jim Darr! He's been banned about 50 times (or more), no joke!
.............................................O.K , thanks for clearing that up . allmost tempted to go see it ,the boats mid seventys with the drives and crashboxes, and a trailer.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEESE
.............................................O.K , thanks for clearing that up . allmost tempted to go see it ,the boats mid seventys with the drives and crashboxes, and a trailer.
There's a reason it's sat for so long and no current/clear pics... I'd suggest going to look at the 36 listed for under $70k. As I recall it's complete less engines, fresh out of paint, and just needs to be put back together. Has 6's and trailer too. Looks to be a good deal and at least it's not a big butt Frankenstein you'd never be able to sell.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
There's a reason it's sat for so long and no current/clear pics... I'd suggest going to look at the 36 listed for under $70k. As I recall it's complete less engines, fresh out of paint, and just needs to be put back together. Has 6's and trailer too. Looks to be a good deal and at least it's not a big butt Frankenstein you'd never be able to sell.
................................................O. K. i will go back + look again , + there is another 36 i am looking at too , Thanks ..
Old 10-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was there an issue with those extension boxes on darr's boat? For some reason I recall either him or his buddy commenting that the boat "never ran right" with those and they were considering scrapping them and taking the 6s back to the transom.

Ive never seen a 40 with extension boxes like that..
Old 10-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Was there an issue with those extension boxes on darr's boat? For some reason I recall either him or his buddy commenting that the boat "never ran right" with those and they were considering scrapping them and taking the 6s back to the transom.

Ive never seen a 40 with extension boxes like that..
Yes. Darr's 40 was one of only one or two that were made without the notched transom. In it's place they had large boxes on the 6's, I want to say it had something like 16" boxes on it! Needless to say, it never ran right. Anyway, I believe they removed the boxes and filled the holes this season. Whether it ran right afterwards is a grey area still...