Notices

Sweet 32

Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it might be slower than say a blower motor I. O but look @ it this way , super simple power , run wide open all ady and all season without poppig the hatch to see oil seeping out someone or a rod on the floor . From what I hear high power I.O cats are falling out of favor to Opti power ( 32 ft and under )

Those new pics , I thought mike @ fine line was going to take over int design ?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Blume that looks great, what size is that?
thats a 308, 30' 8" long.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bulletbob
I'm with you waterboy. I want to move to a 30 or 32 but, I like having to drive the boat, read the water, + scare the crap out of people and myself. Running 120+ in my friends 36 Skater is nap time. I'm rethinking a 28 skater and modifying the cockpit. My 25 Talon has twice as much room as my friends 32 skater. My throttles are located on my right with the steering on the right side also. Another thing about the skaters under 40' is getting in and out of the front seats. How about 10" or so on either side of the front seats for access. My .02 cents.
Bob, it is an option to put outboard consoles and leave the middle open. Just not what most of the bigger boats want but that is how I would build one of the new 338's or 357's models coming out. It really opens up the cockpit and that is what I'm hearing from all the lake guys.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
Yes it might be slower than say a blower motor I. O but look @ it this way , super simple power , run wide open all ady and all season without poppig the hatch to see oil seeping out someone or a rod on the floor . From what I hear high power I.O cats are falling out of favor to Opti power ( 32 ft and under )

Those new pics , I thought mike @ fine line was going to take over int design ?
I would much rather have a inboard 308 flat deck, widened to 10', wrap around windshield, 2-4 seating with Mercury 525EFI's or 600SCI's. Top speed 120+........BUT that is way Skater builds both. So far Mike has done one new boat, the 482.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Outboards are reliable....LUs on an outboard cat take a beating...you may never lose a powerhead and have 6 sets of lowers on it. Give me a a pump gas lower RPM big block and a number 6 drive, thats a bullet proof combo
Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Outboards are reliable....LUs on an outboard cat take a beating...you may never lose a powerhead and have 6 sets of lowers on it. Give me a a pump gas lower RPM big block and a number 6 drive, thats a bullet proof combo
This is a 32' that has been widened to 10' 2" and has a bussel, 2-4 seating. The way your thinking this would be a great boat with Mercury Racing 700SCI's NXT transon's with #6 drives. And for the guys that need more room in the cockpit we can move the console to 2 outboard consoles with coolers in them.
Attached Thumbnails Sweet 32-picture-225.jpg   Sweet 32-picture-227.jpg   Sweet 32-picture-250.jpg  

Sweet 32-picture-254.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
This is a 32' that has been widened to 10' 2" and has a bussel, 2-4 seating. The way your thinking this would be a great boat with Mercury Racing 700SCI's NXT transon's with #6 drives. And for the guys that need more room in the cockpit we can move the console to 2 outboard consoles with coolers in them.
Thats the cockpit I'm talking about Blume. Room to get to the seats from the side. Another gorgeous Skater. If I could afford it I think that would be the one.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd love to see how the flat deck 32 would run with a third 300xs in there.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
...you can't hear your girlfriend screaming at you over the wind noise, she is too afraid to let go to punch you in the arm.. THAT'S boating!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
Bob, it is an option to put outboard consoles and leave the middle open. Just not what most of the bigger boats want but that is how I would build one of the new 338's or 357's models coming out. It really opens up the cockpit and that is what I'm hearing from all the lake guys.
Why do any consoles? My 30 has no center console or side consoles............the throttles are at my foot (where they belong) and the shifters are in the dash. Plenty of room to walk between the front seats to get in and out of them and lots of storage in the gunnels. I think the problem with 99% of the boating world is monkey see, monkey do. Nobody thinks outside of what has already been done. And yes Blume, you are absolutely right about Pete just building what the customers ask for. At least I know I still have a one-of-a-kind piece!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.