Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Skater vs MTI >

Skater vs MTI

Notices

Skater vs MTI

Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its really about the buyers opinion. Skaters have more of a classic look with the newer ones, in my opinion I like mtis more because of the lines but I have been in a few mtis and a 40 skater and the skater rode amazing!! jm.02
Brett
Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

My 40 MTI next to a 40 ss Skater.
Attached Thumbnails Skater vs MTI-image.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to compare one brand's 40 to the other.
Attached Thumbnails Skater vs MTI-image.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flight club
Ron you have all the toys, couldn't you get a model in the picture next time?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by zmead
I just happen to run across this while headed towards skater boats for sale, and I thought I would add my two sense. I have had 4 MTI's and im in a 2013 44 MTI with 1350's and i am building a new carbon 48 now. If Blume gets his way I will b to build a 388 to run on my lake in Texas and run my 48 in the poker runs, so ill check back in the may15th and let you guys know who I believe the winner is. As for Bob the guy with 186 mph loto boat it is stock 1350's they just do crazy stuff with props. I ran in KW with Bob and Randy and the rest of the MTI guys and I know personally what those guys are doing. As for the guy talking to Randy about the center console, my wife road in it to Boca Grande and loved it, so go ahead if 75 is your speed. And to the guy who said MTI's are slow call Bill Pyburn and ask him how slow they are when he couldn't keep up with Richie in his 44 or Bob in his 48 or Dereck in his corvette boat. He may can tell you otherwise. Sorry this is so long but i read to much stuff from a bunch of guys who wish they knew what they were talking about.
Still no way they are stock, he ran what 172-175 range in 2011 shoot out, I'm sorry but the boat had to be pretty dialed in there. And to pick up 10-12 mph with props is pretty nuts... And ya they should run those Mtis up against Predator at Desert Storm!! Along with JRs new 388 & Romers old 388!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 64 Posts

Looks like the Mti better hope the Skater don't get hungry!!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last one that loto boat was a rudder pleasure boat...bob sold his canopy boat to Tor so he could have 2 gasse race boats...check your facts you jackass!
Here is what I "Believe" to be Mr. Bull's 2nd 48' MTI race boat (now :Gasse #2) with the Merc 1350's. Stock or not stock is of no concern. I also "Believe" that the current pleasure boat was originally Mr. Bull's #1 48' MTI which was originally rigged with Sterlings and #6's with a rudder. Subsequently, the boat has been rerigged with 1350's and M8's with the rudder being deleted from the hull. Once again engines being stock are not of my concern and I could be totally incorrect.

As to which is faster??? If one was to judge by the new "SBI Superboat Class" the Maritimo hull was fastest with the 388 Skater close behind. The MTI's were farther back in the field.

Thing about Poker Runs is that not everyone is giving their all when the guy who is giving his all passes the others that are cruising or going slower due to passenger concerns. So the fastest Poker Run boat is not necessarily meaningful nor applicable to which is the faster boat. It's far more about "Stylin"!
Attached Thumbnails Skater vs MTI-dsc_0540.jpg   Skater vs MTI-dsc_0785.jpg   Skater vs MTI-dsc_0028.jpg  

Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

good thing you blocked the MTI trailer....other wise it may look even smaller compared to the skater...lol
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just happen to run across this while headed towards skater boats for sale, and I thought I would add my two sense. I have had 4 MTI's and im in a 2013 44 MTI with 1350's and i am building a new carbon 48 now. If Blume gets his way I will b to build a 388 to run on my lake in Texas and run my 48 in the poker runs, so ill check back in the may15th and let you guys know who I believe the winner is. As for Bob the guy with 186 mph loto boat it is stock 1350's they just do crazy stuff with props. I ran in KW with Bob and Randy and the rest of the MTI guys and I know personally what those guys are doing. As for the guy talking to Randy about the center console, my wife road in it to Boca Grande and loved it, so go ahead if 75 is your speed. And to the guy who said MTI's are slow call Bill Pyburn and ask him how slow they are when he couldn't keep up with Richie in his 44 or Bob in his 48 or Dereck in his corvette boat. He may can tell you otherwise. Sorry this is so long but i read to much stuff from a bunch of guys who wish they knew what they were talking about.
Bobs 1350's are no where near stock, i know for a fact. And ill bet pyburn is laughing at this post right now, you need to keep smoking what u are
Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that makes me feel better about my purchase. The MTI looks like a toy compared to the Skater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.