Skater vs MTI >

Skater vs MTI

Notices

Skater vs MTI

Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Man that makes me feel better about my purchase. The MTI looks like a toy compared to the Skater.
Mtis a great boat... But don't ever doubt that u bought the right one my friend!!!

Skater Nation!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Since I'm bored I thought I would give a little input.
Yes Bob's pleasure boat is his old race boat, no one has tried to claim other wise. That is why it is listed for sale as a 2008 model. Not sure why it would matter as the race boats have the same bottom as the pleasure boats. It might be a little heavier do to the conversion.
Also it is still a Rudder boat. That is simple because Bob likes the feel of a Rudder boat. It doesn't make it any faster, in fact some think it slows acceleration because of the lack of trim range. I really don't know what it had as far as power for the shootout, and I would bet that no one on here KNOWS for sure either. They might have ideas, but Randy and Bob would never leak that info. I do know of several things done prop and rigging wise that helped increase the speed dramatically.
I'll let everyone else figure out which boat is fastest. I've got to figure which MX bike will make my kids faster.lol
Michael
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
I know Eliminator had the high speed at Shootout this year !But the years before that who had higher speeds MTI or Skater Cats??
uh neither...

2006- Mystic (John Cosker) 208 mph
2007- Mystic (John Cosker) 209 mph
2008- Mystic (Dave Scott) 178 mph
2009- Mystic (Dave Scott) 196 mph
2010- Mystic (Dave Scott) 208 mph
2011- Mystic "My Way" 208 mph
2012- Eliminator 192 mph
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flight club
Just to compare one brand's 40 to the other.
flight club, thanks for the comparison. Here's another interesting pair. I like Skater.
Attached Thumbnails Skater vs MTI-lg_slide6.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Whos faster in a Poker Run or a Shootout means nothing. Skater is dominating Supercat Lite for a reason. Theres a reason Amsoil sponsored a Skater. The original, the best on the race course. Both boats are exceptional pleasure boats, cant go wrong with either to have a helluva lot of fun!

Last edited by TeamSaris; 11-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Whos faster in a Poker Run or a Shootout means nothing. Skater is dominating Supercat Lite for a reason. Theres a reason Amsoil sponsored a Skater. The original, the best on the race course. Both boats are exceptional pleasure boats, cant go wrong with either to have a helluva lot of fun!
Didn't Geico get a MTI though?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
flight club, thanks for the comparison. Here's another interesting pair. I like Skater.
This boat was sitting next to mine at Nauti. Looked bigger there but looks like the same size in the picture.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Since I'm bored I thought I would give a little input.
Yes Bob's pleasure boat is his old race boat, no one has tried to claim other wise. That is why it is listed for sale as a 2008 model. Not sure why it would matter as the race boats have the same bottom as the pleasure boats. It might be a little heavier do to the conversion.
Also it is still a Rudder boat. That is simple because Bob likes the feel of a Rudder boat. It doesn't make it any faster, in fact some think it slows acceleration because of the lack of trim range. I really don't know what it had as far as power for the shootout, and I would bet that no one on here KNOWS for sure either. They might have ideas, but Randy and Bob would never leak that info. I do know of several things done prop and rigging wise that helped increase the speed dramatically.
I'll let everyone else figure out which boat is fastest. I've got to figure which MX bike will make my kids faster.lol
Michael
Where is it listed for sale. I hope you are not too bored to answer.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

I believe Randy has it listed in the For Sale section of MTI Home page. Probably to much boat for you though.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Didn't Geico get a MTI though?
Havent raced it in years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.